• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

4000 dollar gun.......

WTF are people thinking?

• Everybody knows what it looks like.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I can't operate a camera.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I post stuff like that to annoy Bypass.

Votes: 35 79.5%

• Total voters
I’ve got a couple of guns that exceed 4K and thought about posting them here for sale, after seeing this thread I think I’ll not do that.

Good call. You'd have some good ole boy telling you he only gives $300 for $3000 guns. He doesn't actually do this, but he says he does. Case in point, see listings for P7M8 here vs GB.

paypal me the money tomorrow. I'll get you your gun in 90 days. What caliber and barrel length do you prefer?

Lordy, I am knee deep in rifles I can't outshoot. Point is, I respect the high prices in some guns. I wouldn't put that kind of money to anyone in Georgia. All the master rifle builders I know of are out West and elderly. Talk about a dying industry. My 280 was hacked on by a Washington master builder and I am supremely happy with it. That said, all in, I have about $2k in it. If I wanted him to build me a lightweight mountain rifle it would be closer to $4k.

Edit to add:

https://www.acgg.org/index.php/member-by-name.html

Lordy, I am knee deep in rifles I can't outshoot. Point is, I respect the high prices in some guns. I wouldn't put that kind of money to anyone in Georgia. All the master rifle builders I know of are out West and elderly. Talk about a dying industry. My 280 was hacked on by a Washington master builder and I am supremely happy with it. That said, all in, I have about $2k in it. If I wanted him to build me a lightweight mountain rifle it would be closer to $4k.

Edit to add:

https://www.acgg.org/index.php/member-by-name.html

Some real artists on this list. Really beautiful wood stocks, checkering and other eye-catching work. The rifle you mentioned above is more in the arena of some riflemakers not in the guild linked above. Names like Brown Precison and Proof Research. There are also several builders here in Georgia that make a helluva rifle for $4k and they will shoot crazy groups.

In fact I have a few custom rifles made by folks not in the guild...some here in Georgia... that shoot 1/2" groups. Or less.

But if you prefer a guild builder that's certainly your prerogative.

Reactions: GFB
This thread is a MAJOR FAIL!!!! there IS a pic there you just need to CLICK on it...
once again the lack of reading is strong on the ODT!!!

Back
Top Bottom