• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$429 for an AK

The handguard gets hot real quick. $100 more and u got a wasr .I don't see swap'n that mag easy either with that foregrip the way it is.
I agree on the front grip and what it's mounted to. Aside from that I like it okay especially for the price. All the reviews and comments I've seen on the AMD we're positive. So I guess the question would be are Hungarians better at assembling AKs than Romanians?
My old neighbor used to have this rifle but with the thin wire crutch looking side folder on it. He loved it and bragged on it. I thought it whole of the ugliest AKs I've ever seen.

I agree on the front grip and what it's mounted to. Aside from that I like it okay especially for the price. All the reviews and comments I've seen on the AMD we're positive. So I guess the question would be are Hungarians better at assembling AKs than Romanians?
This version of the AMD was put together by Sister Mary's Home for the Blind in North Carolina, not in Hungary. The receivers are FEG and so are the parts, but assembled by domestic plebes. You could re-barrel the rifle and have a pretty sweet setup actually.

I wonder the percentage of AK's that have at least some cant in the front sight, rear sight or gas block. My guess is around 85%. And I am not talking just Wasr's. Arsenals as well. I speak from experience.

Would make for a good parts donor. the quality depends on the skills of th builder and parts used. I wouldn't trust buying one without seeing it. Cheap AK's are a very risky proposition.

I paid way less than that for my NIB Norinco but that was ages ago!
Canted sight or not that AK will kill just as easy as any other.

AKs just never thrilled me. I had a WASR and it did not group very well. I hate the sights and it beat the crap out of my cheek.

Yes they are reliable as hell, will always fire and may be good close up but I'd rather have something that reaches out and touches someone like my M1A.

10-21-17 M1A.JPG

My AK would never group like this either:
M14S target w GEW 98.JPG

Back
Top Bottom