• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

43 days

Glad I went to sight my weapons in. My scope on my slug gun has given up the ghost. I was lucky to hit the silhouette at 100. Bought a new Nikon Buckmaster and took it home and mounted it. Need to take it out again to zero. My muzzle loader and rifle are dead nuts.

A 9 and a small 6 so far in Cherokee county. Cams have only been out for a week though.
image1.jpg

image2.jpg

Been scouting all summer.

Gonna spend some time this weekend making sure my trusted tools are sighted in.

My ladders have been up for weeks just waiting for some action and I'll never make the mistake again of trusting last years sighted in rifle thinking it's still shooting straight.

A few years back I shot at a doe with my "trusty" Winchester 94ae and she just looked at me and continued browsing while I fired four rounds...all missing her until she got frustrated with me and trotted away unalarmed.

Turned out I was shooting a foot low from an obviously out of tune scope.

I don't think I've ever done so much prep for deer season that I have this year so hopefully it pays off quickly in early archery.

Been scouting all summer.

Gonna spend some time this weekend making sure my trusted tools are sighted in.

My ladders have been up for weeks just waiting for some action and I'll never make the mistake again of trusting last years sighted in rifle thinking it's still shooting straight.

A few years back I shot at a doe with my "trusty" Winchester 94ae and she just looked at me and continued browsing while I fired four rounds...all missing her until she got frustrated with me and trotted away unalarmed.

Turned out I was shooting a foot low from an obviously out of tune scope.

I don't think I've ever done so much prep for deer season that I have this year so hopefully it pays off quickly in early archery.

I'm the same. I have never been this prepared. I hope it pays off.

5 young bucks in neighbors yard across the street.
I heard the landlord talking to the tenant.
He said he's gonna call his friend to come up and shoot some.
I hope his friend has more brains because the bucks are all too young.
There's one impressive young six pointer but he's too young to harvest.
If he shoots my fat doe I'm gonna put some killdee juice in his fresh air intake vents....lol.

Back
Top Bottom