• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

43 days

Got the .257 dialed in.
Got the 6.8 dialed in.
Got the CVA muzzleloader Dialed in.
Got the excalibur x bow dialed in.

Got three properties to hunt not including WMA's.

Probably won't see a deer all season....lol.
Kidding....been scouting several locations all summer actually while coyote hunting and see promising signs everywhere.

My honey hole finally has an 8 point showing up on camera as well as the big bodied buck that can't seem to grow more than 6 points for the past three seasons.
The 8 point is young so I'll probably pass on him and let him breed some does and grow up.
Hopefully my neighbors will do the same.

Yeah I have a feeling early archery is going to bring major scores to the ODT hunting chat arena.
I'm over run with does and need to stack them in the freezer.
We have several doe herds running through with the largest of them being 12 does.
It's really something to hear and see them parading through the woods.
I learned through experience NOT to shoot does when they travel in large herds because why?....they're smart and every deer will notice and not come back so I try to stick with small herds or lone does or if I do shoot and hit one to just sit still if others are still lurking because once they see me they know there's a monster in the woods.
Otherwise they don't know what the heck happened.

I've been practicing shooting the crossbow from the stand and working on my reloading speed from the stand because in many cases if there are a couple does I can reload and try for another while they're stunned and scampering about
Keeping in mind my comments above.

Excited.....hells yeah!

I'm going to have more time to hunt this year than I've ever had in my life!

I'm planning on heading up to a spot in the National Forest where I shot a huge doe several years back.
That damned deer looked like a cow elk! I was stunned at the size of her.
Her big brother is probably still up there somewhere.....

Need to buy me one of those game carts......... I'm getiing old, lol.

I'm going to have more time to hunt this year than I've ever had in my life!

I'm planning on heading up to a spot in the National Forest where I shot a huge doe several years back.
That damned deer looked like a cow elk! I was stunned at the size of her.
Her big brother is probably still up there somewhere.....

Need to buy me one of those game carts......... I'm getiing old, lol.

Awesome!
Hope you do well.
I have a big mama doe I caught on cam several times all by herself.
I hope she sticks around and don't run far when/ if I send a shwacker through her.

Back
Top Bottom