45 acp sd/hd carry round

timbgtm

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Bigr hamr
Staff member
Super Moderator
137   0
Reaction score
I know this has been dicussed in various threads, but I'm looking for the best economic defensive round. Prices range from 48 cents per round all the way up to a whopping 3 Buck's per round. What are you carrying in your 45 cal gun? I'll probably be carrying a glock 21 and occasionally maybe a 1911. In the past I've had some hollow points that wouldn't reliable cycle in the 1911 platform!

So basically I want a budget, but effective 45 acp self defense round that want break the bank, because I'll be doing some practice with it. I've used mainly ball ammo in the past but never really carried a 45 acp gun for self defense! My main carry round right now in a 9 mm :behindsofa:!
so what do you think?

I can only speak for mysekcal of course... I went through the whole ballistic shenanigans, penetration, knocked down all the statistics. For myself just find an ammo that works and I work on shot placement. My glock will eat anything you put in it, the 1911 for me seems to be a steady diet of Winchester white box

I can only speak for mysekcal of course... I went through the whole ballistic shenanigans, penetration, knocked down all the statistics. For myself just find an ammo that works and I work on shot placement. My glock will eat anything you put in it, the 1911 for me seems to be a steady diet of Winchester white box

Yep! Glocks have not a problem with hollow points, so.i guess i will keep plenty of ball ammo around for the 1911s.

I've been carrying Federal HST +p hollow points for a while now and they have become much more affordable lately. I paid $31 for a box of 20 around the time they were released but now they can be had for less than 75 cents a round. Very good reviews on them and the expansion is very good as well

Back
Top Bottom