• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

4570- that hurt

OK, I have been shamed into this by my wife. I am 6'3 and weight 247lbs, and I will be sixty this year. There, happy now Junior and Tazz?!!! And I still will not shoot the 45/70 again!

What's to be ashamed of JWC? Sounds to me like you're about right for a tall man. Shoot man, I used to be 5'9" and 150lbs. when I was in good shape and young. I've lost an inch in hight over the last 5 years cause of my back, I only weighed 130lbs. before the doc got my blood pressure under control. Since then I've been packing on the pounds like crazy, I feel like a little dough boy now! LOL! Oh, I'll be 53 this year so you're not that far ahead of me.

Well, since you put it that way Bear, you have no choice but to keep it and shoot it. It is not a tough choice, it was your dads and he would want you to use it. I do not see a tough choice at all. Put a brick under your wheelchair and a pillow on the ground behind it. It the recoil flips the chair, you will have the pillow to break your fall. Shoot well.

My son is 12 years old and traded (worked the deal himself) a minibike and $100 for a stainless guide 45/70. He's 4'9" and weighs 98 lbs and absolutely loves that gun.

That's awesome..........when I was 4'9" & 110lbs. I thought I was really 10 feet tall & bullet proof! LOL!

Tazz, as for your being 53 and I am not that much further ahead of you. Well, do you remember when you were a freshman in high school? You remember how old the seniors seemed to be? Tazz, while you were being a freshman, I had been in the Army two years! Makes it seem a little further ahead of you now doesn't it? BTW I am tickled to have been able to reach my age.

Look guys, no offense but whether you need to lose weight or not is none of my business. Next thing you know, you guys will be asking me if those pants make your butt look big!!

I will not stay around for that.

Well, do they? :pound: :pound: :pound:

Guess we won't be seeing JWC for a while...:lol:

Dang...I guess I am truly the 'junior' member in this conversation. Don't worry...I feel old...everytime we get a new intern, I realize that I was in college when they were born. Sheesh.

Last edited:
Junior, that is just the kind of response I would expect from a guy who calls my nickel plated S&Ws, "Bar B Q guns". And yes they do!!!

Junior, that is just the kind of response I would expect from a guy who calls my nickel plated S&Ws, "Bar B Q guns". And yes they do!!!

Glad I lived up to your expectations. ;)

You know I love those shiny guns...they're just not for me. Although my newest SS S&W has been polished to the point that it almost looks like nickel.

Tazz, as for your being 53 and I am not that much further ahead of you. Well, do you remember when you were a freshman in high school? You remember how old the seniors seemed to be? Tazz, while you were being a freshman, I had been in the Army two years! Makes it seem a little further ahead of you now doesn't it? BTW I am tickled to have been able to reach my age.

Yep, back then ya'll seemed like you were waaayy older than me and a heckuva lot bigger too. But now it doesn't seem to be that big of a difference. Most of my friends are from church and in their 60's & 70's. I have friends my age and younger but most of the guys that are older than me treat me just like I'm one of the guys. By the way, when I was a freshman I was actually at Riverside Military Academy toting an M-14 and learning military tactics, map reading, marksmanship and many other things to prepare us to follow you guys to Vietnam. Thank GOD the war was over before I was old enough to go.Thank you for your service and sacrifice JWC. My youngest son went to Iraq a few years ago, he's now a SSGT and weapons crew chief on F-16's in the Air Force.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom