• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

49 days

Getting ready to head down to property and check out everything (and make sure cocker is there for x-bow). Going to try to be in stand early if my night shift schedule will cooperate and I can get up. I'm sure that there is a least one deer that needs to be freed from the hardships of winter.
Clean out your trunk tonight so you have room for the bid daddy buck tomorrow.
Good luck to all tomorrow! Any bets on biggest opening day buck?
Probably the guy hunting out of my stand tomorrow.

:frusty:

It has been a long time since I have hunted from the ground, but tomorrow morning, I will be nestled into a nice little blind that I started building a couple of months ago. I have a major trail on the bottom of my hardwoods, that the big deer use to get to a large cutover. I didn't want to hang another stand, so I built a frame around three trees, and add some cut limbs to it every few weeks. It hasn't disturbed my boys, so hopefully they will show up in the morning. Going to check the camera this evening.

Just got back a few minutes ago from checking on everything. Nice and still at the lake for a change. I felt like Shrek with the stick gathering cobwebs walking back to check on my stand. Looks like about 70 to start with tomorrow, so should be a nice morning to be out.

smell that its friday.jpg

I've got a couple of different pop-up ground blinds. They are ok for gun hunting, especially if you have a kid with you, but I never could get comfortable shooting a bow through the windows. I am hoping my "natural" ground blind will work out well tomorrow.

I hoping to see either that fat 9 point (might be 10) or the 5pt cull (4 on one side and spike on the other) that have been gracing my camera every day for 3 weeks.

Ya'll be safe and remember to have fun even if you don't see anything!!

Back
Top Bottom