• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

4th annual trout stream meet and greet

What weekend

• 5/18/-5/20

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • 5/25-5/27

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
I bought a camping hammock last year and did not get to try it out. One of you guys or gals can school me on its setup

get one of the self inflating camping pads, small pillow and the eno brand atlas straps and you will be gtg. the camping pad prevents the hammock from cocooning you so you can move around lol. they make special ones made for hammocks so they dont move around on you also, but they are pretty pricey. some hammocks actually have slots built in for pads now also. the atlas straps are by far the easiest and fastest way to set up the hammock in some trees.

a rain tarp is also very nice. keeps the dew off ya in the mornings. get the XL size and you will stay dry no matter the weather. ive been in some fun rainstorms in the mountains in mine and stayed dry as a bone lol.

Did you have any luck?

Yea I did. I caught some of the biggest trout I've ever caught up there. I also caught some of the smallest I've ever caught. Several were around 4 to 6 inches. I threw back everything under 10 inches and still had my limit both days. About half of what I kept was in the 14-16 inch range.

There were a ton of people up there, which surprised me since it was Easter weekend. The only open camp site when I got there was the big one past the lake. I spent most of my time fishing spots that were out of the way that most people dont try to get to. I did get up at daylight on Sunday and tried the hatchery. Caught the biggest fish of the weekend out of that deep hole down at the end, but couldnt even get a bite anywhere else around there. Got back to my campsite to make breakfast and found a big Army truck in my campsite and a note saying some Ranger Instructors would be joining me at that campsite, but they didnt show back up before I left.

The fish pics are all from Saturday. The first 4 I caught in about an hour. I forgot to take pics of any of the others.

20180331_123020.jpg
20180331_155117.jpg
20180401_105447.jpg
20180401_105418.jpg

Back
Top Bottom