• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

5.11 atacs vs speed 3.0

poopdaddy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
498   0
Reaction score
i have been wearing 511 atacs for about 5 years now. i love these boots!!!
the tan ones last forever, the black...well the leather tends to crack, i think its the finish on them. the atacs have a hidden pocket that keeps a little kershaw in it at all times. i have worn a set of tan ones to the point that the inside of the sole is worn down to the rubber, as in the part that hits the ground is all thats between my foot and the ground. they have an x pattern of rubber that hold up the insole. not no more.. the leather and out sole are still together and wearable..
so the other day midway had a sale of 5.11, as my latest set of atacs had seen better days, i too advantage of it. the new set came in and in went a set of doctor scholls, the new pads are not as nice as the old ones. they feel broken in minutes , not days and i spend all day on a concrete floor at my shop.. i wear the same pair of boots everyday until i replace them.(yes my wife complains at me."why are you wearing those boots on date night" "blah blah blah")
now to the point, i went back on to order a set for my dad for his birthday, and say the speed 3.0 on sale for 67 bucks. i ordered him a set and went ahead and got a set for me...
WOW!!!!
pros
very lite, very comfortable, good solid zipper, very nice quit tread.
cons
dont have the little hidden pocket for my kershaw...

we will see how these hold up, but if you need a set of zombie stompin', democrat kicken', go to work or the woods... the atacs are your boot, maybe the speed 3.0 as well. time will tell.
but a 90 bucks for the 3.0 and 129 for the atacs.
feel good about your purchase.....
later
POOP

the first couple of pics are from the pair i ran down to the insole. the others are from the pair i just replaced. a year and a half of everyday wear in grease ,oil,gas, and concrete. that was just at work. real good high quality stuff...

raspberry lcp 005.JPG

Attachments

• raspberry lcp 006.JPG
    raspberry lcp 006.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 14
  • raspberry lcp 007.JPG
    raspberry lcp 007.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 13
  • raspberry lcp 009.JPG
    raspberry lcp 009.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 14
  • raspberry lcp 010.JPG