• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

5.45, x54R, 7.62x39 saved? By PSA???

J. Gore

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
20   0
Reaction score
Huge news for us AK enjoyers. I’m still on the side of not trusting PSA to make good AKs haha, but manufacturing cheap ammo with surplus tooling should be simple enough. If they can keep production costs down this may be the only thing that keeps AKs (and most of my favorite rounds in general) viable.

Attachments

• 2BBDAA9A-DED5-45D6-8873-F2D130504C02.jpeg
    2BBDAA9A-DED5-45D6-8873-F2D130504C02.jpeg
    188.5 KB · Views: 60
US Warsaw caliber market is too big too be ignored. The backfill is happening sooner then I thought it would.
Definitely. I was always skeptical that there would be any sort of long term shortage, but it’s cool to see companies stepping up almost immediately. I certainly expected 5.45 to take a bit longer than 7.62x39 anyway so it’s great PSA will likely handle both.

Definitely. I was always skeptical that there would be any sort of long term shortage, but it’s cool to see companies stepping up almost immediately. I certainly expected 5.45 to take a bit longer than 7.62x39 anyway so it’s great PSA will likely handle both.
I was expecting Turkey and Poland to step up.

I’m super surprised Poland hasn’t swooped in and ramped up production/selling stockpile but then again they’re their own bastion in that area of Europe lol prob keeping defense close
Poland has tooling to produce all 3 calibers and stock piles all of 3. At least they used to.

Back
Top Bottom