• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

5.4L Triton headers

jeepnuts

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Rockcrawlin’ Toyota Dude
141   0
Reaction score
What headers have you guys have good luck with on 5.4L ford? It’s a 2010 f-150. Typical leaky passenger side manifold.

Hedman are leading the pack in my search right now because they’re made of 304ss and they have reviews of fitting easily. They also come with all hardware.

The Hedman appear slimmer than the JBA, Gibson or Flowmaster which all cost more (>$100 more) and are made of 409ss. There are lower models that aren’t SS and/or uncoated but they aren’t on my radar.

Also, the latter three only provide you with a few new studs and want you to reuse some of the hardware.

I’m getting new studs elsewhere but I just like attention to detail and I like that Hedman aren’t stingy with their hardware.

I’m not looking for a louder exhaust or performance gains. I just want quality that fits well and lasts. I’ve decided against putting an aftermarket cast iron manifold on the truck and obviously the ford ones aren’t any good either so I’m set on aftermarket headers.

Thanks in advance

Went with the hedman. Summit racing, as usual got them to my doorstep in what seemed like a few hours. Quality looks good. All hardware and gaskets are included.

They’re the bare uncoated 304 stainless. This is about the best exhaust material you can buy. I spoke with hedman and painting them does not impact the warranty. I may paint them with vht but I’m not opposed to letting them be naked.

Will be a while before I get around to this repair but here they are:

6DEF3007-0B3B-40B4-88D5-4D2CFA73CB1D.jpeg
E0FBC962-1A64-4A91-88BA-35C4EFEA421F.jpeg
2E286E12-BDD2-4570-9E86-E0EA0A983355.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom