• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

5.56 Dedicated Can & Other Suppressor Questions

TacticalJeebus

Default rank 5000+ posts
Yes, it’s Jesus with an AR15.
489   0
Reaction score
I've got a Specwar 7.62, that pretty much stays on my 9.5" 300blk, I don't like to run it on my Mk18 or my wife's SBR due to the weight. So I've been researching a dedicated 5.56 can, like a Sig SR556-QD, which can be had around the $500 ish range. Also considered a Saker 7.62 w/ a 5.56 end cap.

I want something light, full auto rated, and that isn't going to destroy my face with blowback. My Mk18 is already overgassed, and I don't know how I'm going to fix that long term besides getting a new gas block. Don't want to run a different BCG, I like simplicity.

Any ideas?

PS- I've considered buying a SiCo Octane 9, I already have an Osprey 45, but is it better than an Omega 9k? I like Lightweight, compact cans over stupid quiet ones that weigh a metric ton.

Pic for attention!

IMG_1249.JPG

2 things that help:
- use a gas buster CH
- replace the forward assist with one called a AR Gas Vent
Both I’ll greatly reduce gas in th face.
I use AAC for 7.62 and 5.56.

I run Octane, Omega, & Hybrid. All of these are lighter than the Specwar and versatile. The weight does not seem to bother me on any of these. I run these on the SBR, 556, 308, handguns. The SBR has a special charging handle to hold the gas out of my face. Work ok, not a complete solution. Have not tried the fancy bolt or other vents but more vent is better.

I am with you on wanting a lighter option for certain use. Wishing I had one of the K instead of the Hybrid now but mainly for pistol use.

I would go 30cal and spring for the end cap. Gives you options.

My Specwar 5.56 has been a workhorse on my SBR's, Tavor and tradiotnal 16" AR's.

NO issues on my end and you are already familair with the co and thei stellar reputation on custome service.

I paid around $600 for mine and it comes with the mount/brake

Back
Top Bottom