• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

5.56 Dedicated Can & Other Suppressor Questions

The SIG 556 cans are awesome for the money, and actually sound really good. Been thinking about one for myself honestly. I also love the short muzzle device for when you're not shooting with a can.
http://www.quietriotfirearms.com/product_p/sigsrd556-qd.htm

For gas, just get one of these:
https://www.quietriotfirearms.com/product_p/gsbc556.htm

The Gemtech bolt carriers work great :thumb:
I'm gonna break down and get an adjustable BCG whenever I find a good can I like and will run it 99% suppressed

My Specwar 5.56 has been a workhorse on my SBR's, Tavor and tradiotnal 16" AR's.

NO issues on my end and you are already familair with the co and thei stellar reputation on custome service.

I paid around $600 for mine and it comes with the mount/brake
What is the weight on it?

I dont know that I have the answer - but I've lately been looking at the Deadair Sandman-K. Really short - idk about blowback etc - but fairly lightweight and no barrel restrictions.

I would recommend the Saker 556 ASR or Saker 556k ASR since you've already got ASR's on your rifles. The K will be a touch louder than the full size 556 obviously but it is shorter and lighter. Both are fair weight for their size and F/A rated.

The gas issue could be a whole conversation within itself. Adjustable gas blocks and BCG's are fine but I am just not a fan of introducing additional potential failure points into the system. IMO the best way to cure a gas issue starts with a properly ported barrel. 10.3 / 10.5" guns can be temperamental with cheaper ammo so a lot of manufacturers tend to run oversized gas ports on their 10.3 /10.5" barrels to mask that issue, Daniel Defense Mk18 barrels are pretty well known for that. If you plan to run it suppressed 100% of the time, I have seen guys take 14.5" colt m4 barrels and have them cut down to create a reduced port mk18 barrel for dedicated suppressor use. We like to use a ballistic advantage 10.3 or 10.5 barrel, H2 buffer and a sprinco red spring for our MK18ish guns. Gas is about as good as it gets for the platform and its relatively inexpensive.

Since you already have a full size pistol can, go with the 9k. Sound difference between a 9 and 45 full size can is minimal to the ear so the size savings of the K for your second can is the way to go. Same pistons as your osprey as well.

I would recommend the Saker 556 ASR or Saker 556k ASR since you've already got ASR's on your rifles. The K will be a touch louder than the full size 556 obviously but it is shorter and lighter. Both are fair weight for their size and F/A rated.

The gas issue could be a whole conversation within itself. Adjustable gas blocks and BCG's are fine but I am just not a fan of introducing additional potential failure points into the system. IMO the best way to cure a gas issue starts with a properly ported barrel. 10.3 / 10.5" guns can be temperamental with cheaper ammo so a lot of manufacturers tend to run oversized gas ports on their 10.3 /10.5" barrels to mask that issue, Daniel Defense Mk18 barrels are pretty well known for that. If you plan to run it suppressed 100% of the time, I have seen guys take 14.5" colt m4 barrels and have them cut down to create a reduced port mk18 barrel for dedicated suppressor use. We like to use a ballistic advantage 10.3 or 10.5 barrel, H2 buffer and a sprinco red spring for our MK18ish guns. Gas is about as good as it gets for the platform and its relatively inexpensive.

Since you already have a full size pistol can, go with the 9k. Sound difference between a 9 and 45 full size can is minimal to the ear so the size savings of the K for your second can is the way to go. Same pistons as your osprey as well.
There is a used Saker 762 on here right now with a 5.56 end cap. Would you recommend that over a 556K or M4-200? I don't mind changing out muzzle devices, it will only run on 1 rifle for now.

Back
Top Bottom