• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

5.56 Dedicated Can & Other Suppressor Questions

There is a used Saker 762 on here right now with a 5.56 end cap. Would you recommend that over a 556K or M4-200? I don't mind changing out muzzle devices, it will only run on 1 rifle for now.

This guy I know before his boating accident owned a Specwar K and it was pretty loud still....not ear bleeding loud ,but aint no 300AAC quiet either

Another vote for M4-2000 here, it's been everything I wanted in a dedicated 5.56.
I would call it a touch heavy, but I trust it implicitly with high rates of fire :smilet-digitalpoint

This guy I know before his boating accident owned a Specwar K and it was pretty loud still....not ear bleeding loud ,but aint no 300AAC quiet either

I think 556k cans are misunderstood for the most part, they're not designed to be the quietest thing on the range. K cans are designed to be the shortest and lightest they can be while still keeping the sound down to a reasonable enough level to not damage your hearing in a hunting / defensive use situation. Even the best full size 556 cans are not truly "hearing safe" on a 556 semi auto platform at the shooters ear thanks to unsuppressed noise escaping from the ejection port. Mostly all meter numbers that are published are muzzle numbers, not measured at the shooters ear where it really matters. Being that there are basically no true ear safe 556 cans, wearing at least ear plugs is still recommended for extended use (a day at the range) and if you're already wearing ear plugs the reduced size and weight of the K cans is where they shine.

Sorry for the threadjack :rolleyes:

I think 556k cans are misunderstood for the most part, they're not designed to be the quietest thing on the range. K cans are designed to be the shortest and lightest they can be while still keeping the sound down to a reasonable enough level to not damage your hearing in a hunting / defensive use situation. Even the best full size 556 cans are not truly "hearing safe" on a 556 semi auto platform at the shooters ear thanks to unsuppressed noise escaping from the ejection port. Mostly all meter numbers that are published are muzzle numbers, not measured at the shooters ear where it really matters. Being that there are basically no true ear safe 556 cans, wearing at least ear plugs is still recommended for extended use (a day at the range) and if you're already wearing ear plugs the reduced size and weight of the K cans is where they shine.

Sorry for the threadjack :rolleyes:

Completely agree though...some good old fashioned knowledge being dropped there

Back
Top Bottom