• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

5.56 military crimp

I use a case mouth de-burring tool mounted in a possum hollow holder then my portable drill

own multiple swaggers but the drill is easier and faster for me.

PIA no matter what method you use

This .............
wp_ss_20150305_0002.png

I use RCBS swage . I think swage is better than cutting. I don't think you can ever
ruin a case swaging vs. cutting.

This keeps coming up-- OP please read the previous threads.

I had RCBS, till I bent the rod a second time. Bought Dillon; cursed and moaned at the price, and have never looked back.

if you dont' want to spend the money for the full on swager (like dillon and rcbs) then take a look at the press mounted dies that swage:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/235832/rcbs-primer-pocket-swager-combo-2

about $33. not the fastest but cheaper, better and easier on the hands than hand trimming with the primer pocket cleaners.

or find a couple of friends to go in on a dillon. you don't use it all the time but if you are trying to swage 1k rounds it's a lifesaver..

$15, I have used this for decades and if the swage didn't quite get it or the case slipped through then a quick hand chamfer gets it done without getting up. As jglen mentions it can be chucked in a drill with an attachment or if it's a BFD.

L.E. Wilson Chamfer and Deburring Tool 17 to 45 Caliber

media.midwayusa.com_productimages_880x660_Primary_789_789334.jpg

$33, I have used this one for over 26 years and still use it. Turn the rod down too tight and it will bend it...... Yep, I know this for a fact. It works fine and I'm not compelled to spend more money.

RCBS Primer Pocket Swager Combo 2

media.midwayusa.com_productimages_880x660_Primary_235_235832.jpg

$83, it works like the Dillon "the holy grail" of primer pocket swagers. I hear good stuff about them and they are easier to use IMO than the cheaper tools above.

RCBS Bench Mounted Primer Pocket Swager

media.midwayusa.com_productimages_880x660_Primary_319_319662.jpg

$130, the best of the best, the holy grail of swagers.

ecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_411C9dq5KuL.jpg

It is your holy task to accept this search........

Back
Top Bottom