• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$5.79 per pound for Sanding Rib Roast @ Publix

Ever try the 500 degree method? I did. It really works. IIRC it's something like preheating the oven to 500 degrees and then cook 5 minutes for each pound of meat. THEN you let it sit for 1-1/2 hours OVEN DOOR CLOSED and NEVER ONCE OPENED until done. All the rubbings, seasonings, etc. don't change.
I prefer to do em at 200 until the interior is about 10 degrees under my desired final temp, take it out of the oven cover it with foil, then crank the oven as high as it will go, and once the oven reaches temp uncover, put it back in for 5-10 minutes till I've got the carmelization/rendering of the exterior fat I want

Pretty damn sure they are losing money for every pound they sell.

I would have guessed a food shortage this winter but it didnt happen.

Sad to see the Ranchers are probably getting pinched with all the inflation on feed but hey...just in time for the holidays. Git Sum!
POBLIX MEAT,"CAN'T BE BEAT"!

Excellent! Been waiting on this to pop back up, they usually do it once around Thanksgiving/Christmas. I will have to load up!

I saw your post again and I thought well maybe I need to go out and get one while they're on sale. Then I realized I'm up here in Virginia and there ain't no Publix Within 300 miles of here. LOL

We prefer to smoke our rib roast. It usually takes 6 - 8 hours running 200 - 220. When the internal temperature reaches 115 cut all the heat and let sit for a hour before serving. For those who like it burned like my brother put on a hot grill and sear it a couple of minutes per side.

done these two on the smoker turned out great

Attachments

• IMG_2078.jpg
    IMG_2078.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Resized_20201107_161309.jpeg
    Resized_20201107_161309.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 31
Back
Top Bottom