• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

5 Best Home Self Defense Firearms

But if you had a category of Best Rimfire Rifle, would you have at least considered it to fill that slot, whether you would actually use it or not ? I would. Thanks.
Agreed. But I wouldn't have that category. Or archery, or blunt object. 🙂

But if you had a category of Best Rimfire Rifle, would you have at least considered it to fill that slot, whether you would actually use it or not ? I would. Thanks.
22LR is said to penetrate 2-3 inches of soft pine at MV.

I once dropped an armadillo dead in his tracks at about 80yds....pure outhouse luck of course...I admit

anyone had to defend their home?
I had someone try to break in while living in Florida. They had broke the glass on the door and had their arm through it trying to unlock the door knob when I stuck the barrel of the 870 in their face and uttered a few choice words.

anyone had to defend their home?
Not me but my brother did. We were kids and a young lady was babysitting us. One of the punk teens decided he wanted some of the babysitter. He came through the back door and my brother shot him in the face with a .22. Lucky for him it was loaded with rat shot. He ran screaming lol

I must have stumbled on the toughest dillos in the world (Clybel). Shot multiple with .22 mag, and always took multiple shots.
CCI velocitors do wonders in 22lr and a 148 wadcutter will make a mess out of a 38 snub. Both of those were like cutting on a water fountain.

Back
Top Bottom