• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.50 BMG can kill a deer without even touching it?!

How short was the barrel and how close was that doe?

Maybe he killed it with powder burns?

So, if you shoot a .50 BMG round past a 20 oz red Solo cup of water, it should split the cup open and make the water splash like a hit with a 9mm?

I find this video incredible.

Are we sure the bullet didn’t go in one eye and out the other?
What about the deer’s mouth being slightly open and the bullet shattering its teeth, sending tooth fragments up into its brain?
The blast of white powder we see in the video makes me think of ground bones or teeth.

negative, that thing hits an eye or a tooth and either that whole head or whole jaw its completely gone, if he made that head shot, there wouldnt be a head

The thing is, if that round hit that deer's head anywhere it would be very obvious. Either this happened they way the guy is saying or the entire video is a complete and intentional lie.

I don't know which, but I do believe the shock wave from a 50 BMG round at that range that misses by just a hair's width might be able to do this.

The thing is, if that round hit that deer's head anywhere it would be very obvious. ..
I don't know which, but I do believe the shock wave from a 50 BMG round at that range that misses by just a hair's width might be able to do this.

Did you watch the video GeauxLSU posted above?

*** EDITED **** Yeah, I see you did, while I was typing this. :)

A .50 BMG bullet at about 20 yards will not knock over a short stack of empty Solo cups.
The shockwave won't knock down a small house of cards, even passing right in between the stacked cards and striking another card right behind them.
This deer got hit in the head or face, and yet wasn't mangled.

Or, as you said, it could be a complete fraud. A digitally-retouched or faked video just to mess with people's minds.

my best guess as to what could have happened is he either clip that thing by a flys wing and it just transfered enough force to kill the brain, that or the round hit something right behind the deers head the shock of the impact or a fragment killed it

Back
Top Bottom