• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.50 cal air rifle

MRH

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
God, family, guitars, and guns.
208   0
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this? I believe it will kill a whitetail for sure. It looks heavy and it is expensive, but air rifles are stepping up in the world.

I don't feel like watching the vids. Do they tell us the projecile size, weight (mass) and velocity?
The last time I researched PCP big-bore airguns, the best performance you could get for uner $800 would be one that shoot a 100 to 125 grain 9mm or .357 slug at about 800 f.p.s.
A standard pressure .38 special hits harder, and even a .380 acp would.

I have to agree with previous poster.... they rarely tell you any details and when they do... the power levels are very low. I also question the noise levels.... I bought a .22 air rifle this last year.....my old Benjamin .22 finally broke for the last time..... forget the brand but it was a mid price range and everyone raved about how quiet it was with a built in suppressor of sorts..... I fired exactly one shot and honestly it scared the crap out of me.... wasn't expecting it to sound like a .22 long rifle..... I had gotten it to take care of a rodent problem, living in town noise is a real concern. so my air rifle sits unused......

It takes about 10-15 shots and that noise will clear up. The first few shots actually go subsonic and you hear the crack like a 22 rifle.

Every one I have has done that so I shoot in the woods for about 10 shots before shooting it off my deck.

Back
Top Bottom