• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

50 cal single shot upper for your AR

Not buying it.

This would still be way too much recoil for that lower. Someone is gonna wear that bolt where their nose should be.

I think Imma let someone else take that one out for a spin.
The limiting factor on a .50 brake is not recoil. It's blast. There are brakes out there that basically eliminate all recoil, it's simple engineering. The problem is there have been incidents of shooters getting detached retinas due to the muzzle blast.

There are also brakes that provide a happy medium that an AR lower could handle with no problem and doesn't screw up the shooter with blast. A .50 upper on a AR lower is not a new thing.

The limiting factor on a .50 brake is not recoil. It's blast. There are brakes out there that basically eliminate all recoil, it's simple engineering. The problem is there have been incidents of shooters getting detached retinas due to the muzzle blast.

There are also brakes that provide a happy medium that an AR lower could handle with no problem and doesn't screw up the shooter with blast. A .50 upper on a AR lower is not a new thing.

A lot of energy has to go somewhere.

Whether it's recoil or retinas, I'm gonna go ahead and chicken out on this bad boy. This thing has ER written all over it.

I've shot them, they aren't bad recoil wise. They do have a brake with more steel in it than an 80's Yugo. Recoil wise I've had shotguns that were much worse. Muzzle blast wise, another story. We blasted a full 30 cal steel ammo can off an adjacent shooting table with the blast from one....ya gotta be extra careful about your surroundings.

I owned the one that has the 5 round magazine and put over 100 rds theough it and never had an issue with. The muzzle break took alot of the kick away. My friends 8 year old son loved shooting it

Back
Top Bottom