• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

50 Deer Dead @ Alabama Deer Factory

Look how we treat chickens, cows and pigs. Spend some time around a slaughter house, it's sad and cruel,but it's our food and part of life. If someone wants to kill(not hunt) a dear for 20k strapped to a tree, all I have to say is good eating to you sir!!!!
Are you under the impression there are any of the following:
1) A native wild chicken population
2) An occurrence of diseases in farm raised chickens infecting and endangering that native wild chicken population
3) An overwhelming amount of public support from even the non hunting public for fair chase wild chicken hunting and conversely a lack of support for shooting pen raised chickens in the name of sport, that therefore endangers the actual sport hunting they support.
4) Is there a scoring system for wild chickens where if you genetically alter the animal you can get more points?

I get your point, believe me, but this isn't about shooting a domesticated animal for 'food'.

Are you under the impression there are any of the following:
1) A native wild chicken population
2) An occurrence of diseases in farm raised chickens infecting and endangering that native wild chicken population
3) An overwhelming amount of public support from even the non hunting public for fair chase wild chicken hunting and conversely a lack of support for shooting pen raised chickens in the name of sport, that therefore endangers the actual sport hunting they support.
4) Is there a scoring system for wild chickens where if you genetically alter the animal you can get more points?

I get your point, believe me, but this isn't about shooting a domesticated animal for 'food'.

Holy **** - Geaux, I have a business proposal for you!!! I do believe you are on to something here!

Look how we treat chickens, cows and pigs. Spend some time around a slaughter house, it's sad and cruel,but it's our food and part of life. If someone wants to kill(not hunt) a dear for 20k strapped to a tree, all I have to say is good eating to you sir!!!!

I have spent time around a slaughterhouse, and I kill my own chickens for meat. Pigs, cows, and chickens have all been domesticated for consumption. Thankfully deer, for the most part, have not.

While the idea of raising trophy bucks may be wrong to you, really dont get the vitriol and in geaux's case the holier than thou .
I would not hunt a fenced enclosure for deer but to each his own.

I see a better life for that deer than any domesticated meat animal. they can roam as they please inside the fenced area, and eat very well.
You ever see what happens with veal? how about chickens? Kept in pens with no room to move, in close proximity to others in the same predicament.
Your thought that "they are domesticated so thats different" is seriously flawed.

That the vast majority of deer run free is fantastic Im all for it, but I think you protest too much on this guys.

Sorry but even the article itself tells you the sole purpose of these types of breeding facilities. "Licensed game breeders in Alabama supply deer for stocking hunting enclosures across the state."

Estimates are there is between 20 - 30 million deer on the North American continent. In other words it ain't too hard to go out and actually hunt deer. This is simply all about sticking a freak deer in an enclosure so someone can kill it - not hunt it.

The sole purpose for the industry is so you can look in a catalog, pick out the freak with the ear tag number "Y-327" that will 'score' 200+ that was bred via artificial insemination, pay your money to go shoot that domesticated deer, in a pen, then get it mounted and proclaim yourself the great white hunter. The endless stream of disease issues and criminal activity that invariably follows these wildlife 'stewards' is just a side benefit.

You know, for someone to compile such a list of false and miniscule reasons and not name the ONE reason it actually exists either implies you are naïve beyond reasoning or agenda driven. I'm going to assume you aren't naïve given your snide tone.
I personally don't care for zoos. But perhaps I'll cry in my venison tacos tonight about the death of hunting in America.
Here, go pick out some nice buckskin gloves. http://buckbreeders.com/ :rolleyes:

While the idea of raising trophy bucks may be wrong to you, really dont get the vitriol and in geaux's case the holier than thou .

I see a better life for that deer than any domesticated meat animal. they can roam as they please inside the fenced area, and eat very well.
You ever see what happens with veal? how about chickens? Kept in pens with no room to move, in close proximity to others in the same predicament.
Your thought that "they are domesticated so thats different" is seriously flawed.

That the vast majority of deer run free is fantastic Im all for it, but I think you protest too much on this guys.
Have you done any research on what actually goes on in these 'farms'? It can be described a lot of ways, "better life" I hardly think is one. Or the countless criminal charges? Or the VOTING public's opinion (the ones that allow hunting) of this in regards to hunting? Or the ever growing cases of disease transmission to wild herds?
Why people continue to straw man domesticated livestock with a wild natural resource is beyond me. :confused:
I don't eat veal. :)

What vitriol??? An opinion you do not agree with is vitriol?

And as far as reasons against it beyond, "it ain't hunting," the below sums it up nicely.

Have you done any research on what actually goes on in these 'farms'? It can be described a lot of ways, "better life" I hardly think is one. Or the countless criminal charges? Or the VOTING public's opinion (the ones that allow hunting) of this in regards to hunting? Or the ever growing cases of disease transmission to wild herds?
Why people continue to straw man domesticated livestock with a wild natural resource is beyond me. :confused:
I don't eat veal. :)

Back
Top Bottom