• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

55 Chevy “barn find”.......kind of....

BlackRifler42

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
151   0
Reaction score
Long story short, my dad bought a 34 Chevy coupe from a younger fella who’s father was a very successful businessman in Chattanooga. He passed away two years ago and his son has sold all 10 of his hot rods and my dad bought the last two.

Once the deal was done for the 34, the seller told my dad “Mike, I’ve got a 55 Chevy in storage, it’s been in there for 3 years, hasn’t moved”. My dad has had two 55’s in the past and you could probably say they’re his favorite classic car. My dad asked if he’d be interested in selling it and the seller said “yeah, but it’s rough”. The seller had no clue about these cars and had not one care to keep them. He said let’s go take a look at it. We get to the storage facility and open up the door and there is the straightest, slickest, dirtiest 55 we’ve ever seen. I could tell from the look on my dads face that he wasn’t leaving without buying this car. The car was uncovered with 3 inches of dust but, wouldn’t start, and smelled so dingy inside. Without pushing it out or checking anything mechanical my dad offered to buy it on the spot. The seller said he would have to check with his mother. The next day he called back and they both agreed to a price just a tad higher then my dads offer.

We had to trailer it home that night, it was raining and all the dust on the car mixed with with rain made the car look as if it were a dark rusty brown color that was melting once we got it home. We pushed it off the trailer and washed it in the rain, we had to. It cleaned up so nice and a few days later we traced the engine not starting to the fuel tank, new pump and tank and she runs like a dream. 350 small block, mild can, headers, and 4-SPEED transmission.

You just don’t fall into deals like this, mint 55 bel air stored away in a storage building unseen for years. The fender skirts aren’t my style but my dad is 64 and he likes them, different generations.
BC8433AC-9D42-4529-8AC6-B1C873AE9533.jpeg
699F0853-39FD-43C3-8CBC-559EF394661D.jpeg
BB6A2DA0-B2AA-4B82-A607-B696CC306CF7.jpeg

Long story short, my dad bought a 34 Chevy coupe from a younger fella who’s father was a very successful businessman in Chattanooga. He passed away two years ago and his son has sold all 10 of his hot rods and my dad bought the last two.

Once the deal was done for the 34, the seller told my dad “Mike, I’ve got a 55 Chevy in storage, it’s been in there for 3 years, hasn’t moved”. My dad has had two 55’s in the past and you could probably say they’re his favorite classic car. My dad asked if he’d be interested in selling it and the seller said “yeah, but it’s rough”. The seller had no clue about these cars and had not one care to keep them. He said let’s go take a look at it. We get to the storage facility and open up the door and there is the straightest, slickest, dirtiest 55 we’ve ever seen. I could tell from the look on my dads face that he wasn’t leaving without buying this car. The car was uncovered with 3 inches of dust but, wouldn’t start, and smelled so dingy inside. Without pushing it out or checking anything mechanical my dad offered to buy it on the spot. The seller said he would have to check with his mother. The next day he called back and they both agreed to a price just a tad higher then my dads offer.

We had to trailer it home that night, it was raining and all the dust on the car mixed with with rain made the car look as if it were a dark rusty brown color that was melting once we got it home. We pushed it off the trailer and washed it in the rain, we had to. It cleaned up so nice and a few days later we traced the engine not starting to the fuel tank, new pump and tank and she runs like a dream. 350 small block, mild can, headers, and 4-SPEED transmission.

You just don’t fall into deals like this, mint 55 bel air stored away in a storage building unseen for years. The fender skirts aren’t my style but my dad is 64 and he likes them, different generations.
View attachment 2058422 View attachment 2058423 View attachment 2058424
Very nice,enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom