• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

55 Chevy “barn find”.......kind of....

Just remember that those engines can use a bigger carburetor than you might think. Most guys would say ( oh a 600 will be do just find. ) Oh contraher! I would say use a 750 mechanical fuel pump ( double pumper for all you country boys out there ). Those cathedral port heads can flow hugh numbers
Are you coming to my house to tune my LS ?? your the expert i might need some help....https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/posts/9144674/

I sold my tuning suite and diagnostic programs with the car. I can tell you there are very few guys that know how to do it right. Most will make a few passes on the dyno to achieve proper AFR and WOT throttle timing. That will give you max power but won't do crap for drivability. LS owners think just because they take their car to another tunner they will get more power. ( There are three variable that squeez power out a LS engine. Wide open throttle ( WOT ) max timing, AFR ( Air Fuel Ratio ), most car come from the facory pig rich to keep exhaust temps down. A lot of power comes from simply leaning out the A/f curve. Then there is zero out the torque tables. The factory put torque limits on the engine and trans to cut down on warranty claims. Once you zero those it's " who let the dogs out"

That's basically it. A monkey with a magazine could tune a LS motor for power Now to ge one to idle and shiflt and to run like new car is where the majic is.

Back
Top Bottom