• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6-12-2010 hogs

hog assasin

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Went on a nice little still hunt on Ft Stewart and ended up shooting the nice hogs around 7:45PM. I shot the biggest sow first and the rest of the heard wasn't running so I kept shooting as I was walking up on them. I ended up getting 4 out the 6 hogs there, the most I got at once.

Attachments

• STP80844.jpg
    STP80844.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 80
  • STP80839.jpg
    STP80839.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 72
Nice haul. That's a heck of a stalk when you can get 4 outta 6.

You are having better luck than I am. We are 0 for the last 5 trips. Getting depressing. We have a lead on a new farm, so if that works out, I feel a turn around coming in the next few weeks.

Used a Remington 710 30.06, the cheap $300 model they carry in walmart I got as a gift, came with a Bushnell scope and just bought a vise gun mount for $30 in walmart and now have 1/4 inch shot groups at 100 yards every time now. I shot the biggest sow around 200 yards out because there was really nothing but open field between us so I wanted to make the first shot count. Saw a hog walking after so I thought I missed until I looked through the scope and saw another one in the same spot almost so I crouched down as low as I could go and sorta did the "duck walk", using the knee high grass as cover, and got closer to them. I shot all 4 within about 300 feet of each other so all I had to do is pull the truck up in the middle of em, saved a lot of hauling them over a distance, then I called up a buddy and he helped me clean them all, boy it was hot that evening.

Made a nice wild hog ragu with spaghetti last night and it by far was the best sauce I ever whipped up, it was even better today for lunch reheated, boy these were some extra tasty hogs, they must have been on a special diet or something!!!!

Back
Top Bottom