• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6.5 Creedmoor offerings from TC

6.5cm seems to be growing in the market at a very rapid pace. I am excited to see more offerings with this caliber.

Hopefully retailers will catch up with ammo availability so that prices can come down some and yield more selections.

BPS wanted $35/20 rds of Hornady Match, no thanks.

Hi-Caliber had the same boxes for $26/20 rds

6.5cm seems to be growing in the market at a very rapid pace. I am excited to see more offerings with this caliber.

Hopefully retailers will catch up with ammo availability so that prices can come down some and yield more selections.

BPS wanted $35/20 rds of Hornady Match, no thanks.

Hi-Caliber had the same boxes for $26/20 rds

Order online. If all else fails, walk into BassPro with the cheapest listing you can find on AmmoSeek and they will match. Just cleaned out their 140 grain ELD-M ammo for like $21 a box a week or so ago that way.

Order online. If all else fails, walk into BassPro with the cheapest listing you can find on AmmoSeek and they will match. Just cleaned out their 140 grain ELD-M ammo for like $21 a box a week or so ago that way.

I reload, so I am not too worried about it. Just nice to walk in and not have to go through the price match thing if you want a few boxes of factory ammo. BPS is super high on just about everything though.

It's not always quick doing that, especially if you get a new person and they have to ask question about the price match.

Will be working up loads for my RPR to shoot this weekend. Hopefully I can match or better the success I got with factory ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When TC first came out with their bolt guns, they had several "tactical" themed rifles at the SHOT Show as prototypes. Think of it like the way that FN has done, with several offerings starting at under $1000 and going up to $2000-$2500 or so. The top of the line version had a hand-bedded stock, "name brand" barrel (been too long, I don't remember the brand), excellent stock, etc. The top of the line version was called the Warlord, IIRC.

This is shortly after TC was acquired by S&W and S&W had come out with the M&P line. The rifles were TC, but marked as S&W M&P's. I really wanted to see them come to market, but they never did. S&W's plan at the time was to eventually have a full-line of M&P products for LE; handgun, BUG, AR, shotgun, and Sniper rifle.

I reload, so I am not too worried about it. Just nice to walk in and not have to go through the price match thing if you want a few boxes of factory ammo. BPS is super high on just about everything though.

It's not always quick doing that, especially if you get a new person and they have to ask question about the price match.

Will be working up loads for my RPR to shoot this weekend. Hopefully I can match or better the success I got with factory ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What powder are you using? I cannot find H4350 so I'm thinking of trying varget

What powder are you using? I cannot find H4350 so I'm thinking of trying varget
H4350 and IMR 4350. Many claim that Varget is better for lighter weight, 120gr and under projectile and the 4350 is better for the heavier stuff. Some speculation about burn rates being to fast with Varget as well, but I have seen several claim good accuracy out of Varget in 6.5.

There so many good recipes for H4350 that I figured it was the best/easiest option to go with.

I see you are in Cobb/Cherokee. Hi Caliber seems to keep H4350 in stock pretty often for a descent price. I would call them. They had a few 1lb tubs and one 5 Lb jug last time I was in there, but that was a while ago.

Back
Top Bottom