• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6.5 Creedmoor reload data?

shooting a 6.5 creedmoor ruger precision rifle...
Hornady brass, 140 Amax @ 2.835, federal 210m primer, 42.3G H4350. This combo shoots .4 MOA when I do my part correctly and get everything very well matched. Have not tried the I4350 yet, but have 8# on the shelf as I have a hard time finding the Hodgdon. I really wanted to like the hybrid 100v, cheap and always available. However, it has yielded a shotgun pattern group in every rifle I have tried it in including the RPR. 4350 is the way to go for sure.

shooting a 6.5 creedmoor ruger precision rifle...
Hornady brass, 140 Amax @ 2.835, federal 210m primer, 42.3G H4350. This combo shoots .4 MOA when I do my part correctly and get everything very well matched. Have not tried the I4350 yet, but have 8# on the shelf as I have a hard time finding the Hodgdon. I really wanted to like the hybrid 100v, cheap and always available. However, it has yielded a shotgun pattern group in every rifle I have tried it in including the RPR. 4350 is the way to go for sure.
Thanks for the info! I was wondering how the Amax performed. Just trying to get some ball park data to start from. The books are always very conservative.

the low node for the 142s and alot of the 140 hybrids fall in around 2760-2780. that will run for 3k rds with little to no adjustment. its a very conservative but extremely accurate zone for those bullets.

just ladder it with a magneto or do an old school cardboard ladder at 600 if ya dont have a magneto.

your barrel/bore dimentions are unique to your rifle, so your gonna have to do dev. specific to that
I understand, just getting ideas of what others have found successful. I see 2,700 FPS is about the max for this load. Hopefully I can get a good starting point and go from there. Seems the low 40 in gr with 4350 will do well as a start and the 140gr projectiles are definitely the projectile to go with.

My h4350 pet load is just shy of that at around 2750. Got the h100v above 2800 with no pressure signs, but could not find a good node ANYWHERE.
I get the consensus that 100V is great for velocity, but not great for accuracy. Suppose that is why no carries it in Bartow that I know of.

i shot a PRS match with a dude runnin a RPR which i think still had the factory 6.5 cm barrel. i was extremely impressed with it. he swapped the trigger spring i think it was and got the trigger dn to a decent pull wt. he had a seekins foreend which i reeealy like as well

Back
Top Bottom