• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6.5 Creedmoor reload data?

Don't get too married to the amax. It's being replaced by the eld. Melting tips or something.
True, the amax is being phased out. The ELD is very close, 300winmag 208g load was identical accuracy to the Amax with only a bullet change. BC is a little better with the ELD so it has a bit less drop at extreme distance. Not real sure about the melting tip B.S., I have no problem throwing 300wm and 338lm Amax to a mile very consistantly.

I shoot 139 Lapua Scenars and H4350 out of 2 custom 6.5's. Very accurate and great at long distance. I plan on shooting the same threw another one when it gets finished next month. The ELD's and the SMK's are good choice's also.

Ok, found H4350 and got some IMR4350 too. From what I understand, they are damn near identical??

Also, picked up some Sierra Match 142gr HPBT too. Also, found the 140gr Hornady Match ELD rounds too. Bought a box to see how they perform and to reference.

Cabelas has a set of 6.5 dies on sale too.

Just need some brass and I am ready to make some trial loads.

Ok, found H4350 and got some IMR4350 too. From what I understand, they are damn near identical??

Also, picked up some Sierra Match 142gr HPBT too. Also, found the 140gr Hornady Match ELD rounds too. Bought a box to see how they perform and to reference.

Cabelas has a set of 6.5 dies on sale too.

Just need some brass and I am ready to make some trial loads.

similar powders but not the same. H4350 is made in Australia like all of the Extreme line, which is part of the reason it gets scarse. caught in customs hell. imr 4350 is made in Canada like almost all IMR powders. 8208xbr and TB are Australian. Should work well. my barrel should be here soon and ill report my finding with imr 4451.

Back
Top Bottom