• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6.5 Creedmoor

Stuckon22

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Look a Man Straight in His Hairy Eyeball!
238   0
Reaction score
Just ordered a CVA Scout handgun in 6.5. Want to try my hand at handgun hunting. Anyone here have any experience with one? Seems much easier to carry and use in a treestand than a rifle.

I had a TC Encore Prohunter in 308. Make sure you get the Pachmayr Decelerator grips. You hands will thank you. I had a 2x6 pistol scope and a sling that was attached to the pistol grip and foregrip. Expect 1moa, but you may have to reload to get those results.

If your hog hunting, carry a backup gun, dont ask how I know this.

If your stalking, have a shooting stick, a quick adjust sling helps with stability as well.

If i was to do it again, i would put a 3moa rmr and keep shots at 100yds or less. Too much of an issue trying to get proper sight picture in hunting situations with a scope.

I've gone to a S&W 460V with Vortex Venom, 3moa. I feel confident with 100yd shots(supported) and it's very fast to pick up on moving targets(hogs).

20190522_200032.jpg

I had a TC Encore Prohunter in 308. Make sure you get the Pachmayr Decelerator grips. You hands will thank you. I had a 2x6 pistol scope and a sling that was attached to the pistol grip and foregrip. Expect 1moa, but you may have to reload to get those results.

If your hog hunting, carry a backup gun, dont ask how I know this.

If your stalking, have a shooting stick, a quick adjust sling helps with stability as well.

If i was to do it again, i would put a 3moa rmr and keep shots at 100yds or less. Too much of an issue trying to get proper sight picture in hunting situations with a scope.

I've gone to a S&W 460V with Vortex Venom, 3moa. I feel confident with 100yd shots(supported) and it's very fast to pick up on moving targets(hogs).

View attachment 2155279
I had been looking at a traditional pistol scope, long eye relief. I am 57 now and eyes aren't what they were. The venom vortex looks interesting. Will check it out.

Back
Top Bottom