• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6.5 Grendel Hog Hunting

cupp260

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
87   0
Reaction score
I have just begun hog hunting with my 6.5 Grendel and was wondering if any other ODT'ers are using the Grendel for hogs or deer. I have shot 5 hogs so far with excellent results but have not tried it on deer.

If you have hunted deer with this caliber, please comment.

I posted a review on my website if anyone wants to see it https://theolddeerhunters.com/65-grendel/

Attachments

• first pig.jpg
    first pig.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 42
I primarily hunt hogs with a Grendel SBR that I built off a 12" Faxon barrel. I use it sometimes for deer and yotes. Grendel is a good caliber for hunting hogs in sounders - gives you a little leeway on popping multiple fast moving piggies with low recoil. I use Federal Fusion for ammo in all my calibers.

I built a 20” grendel. Plan to use it for some hunting. For the longest ammo was hard to buy in the store. Just the other day I noticed Academy stocks 3 types. 2 Hornady & 1 Federal.
What grain projectile do y’all run?

I built a 20” grendel. Plan to use it for some hunting. For the longest ammo was hard to buy in the store. Just the other day I noticed Academy stocks 3 types. 2 Hornady & 1 Federal.
What grain projectile do y’all run?

For Pigs I have been using 123 Gn Hornady SST's.. puts them down quickly

Hunted this year with my 6.5 Grendel 16" Ballistic Advantage barreled AR and had my most successful season yet. It sold me on the round for life. No recoil and is quiet effective with the Hornady 123 grain SST Custom round. I have 100% confidence in this round for deer PM me if you'd like details of wound cavities or kills. I have since purchased a 20" Howa mini action in the 6.5 grendel as well.

5 deer in the last 2 years. Almost invisible entrance, respectable exit, insides like jello. I'm using a 16" barrel(el cheapo sale barrel), hornady sst. Sub moa and I don't have to estimate range. Kicks like a kitten. Best AR round ever.

Back
Top Bottom