• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6.5mm Loads

Yeah-- LabRadar. The ultimate solution. Pricey, but no lights, no PITA alignment, indoors/outdoors and so on. And you can't shoot it by mistake. Not that that's ever happened to me and my 13 year old Chrony.

I'm buying one of these before long.
Thank You.

Off to Google.

My reloading mentor is the guy that turned me on to ODT.

He's reading this and giggling, I'm Sure, because he has been saying that exact same line Twitch.

We've been shooting the 142 Accubonds: in fact we loaded all the rest of the 1st box up tonight except for the last 5.
View attachment 547146

We are going to try the Bergers now.

The next tool to update is the Chrono: the one we are using doesn't seem consistent.

I'm looking at the Oehler 35: any other recommendations?

Magnetospeed. Cheaper and just as accurate as the 35p. Or look at Labradar if you like being on the cool side of the fence.

Magnetospeed. Cheaper and just as accurate as the 35p. Or look at Labradar if you like being on the cool side of the fence.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442780976.075869.jpg

I'm Digging This!!

I've only shot it to 325yrds, but it's nice!!

Hello,

Let's have a place for the 6.5 loads.

We are working on Load Development for my new .260 Remington, and haven't yet experienced the velocities that I've read on some of the Forums.

Barrel-
26" Hawk Hill

Bullets-
142grain Accubond LR

Brass-
Nosler .260 Remington Brass

2.875 COAL.

IMR4831 worked up to 42 grains, with a touch of compression.
Best Velocity was 2700.

The group below was @ 2650ish.
View attachment 546577

Swapped to IMR4350 worked up to 42.5 grains @ 2750fps, again with some crunch...

41 Grains had the best group @ around 2650fps, again....
View attachment 546576

What Gives?
So far, shooting at 100yrds to find what works the best before stretching it out.

What loads do I need to try next?
I've got quite a few powders to try.

I'd like to see 2850fps, but right now, 2800 would look good.

2.880" COAL is max for my magazines, so I'd like to stay around 2.875".

Thank You,
Heath
I'm not sure why you need more velocity. Maybe if your trying to get from 1300 yds to 1400 yards you need to bump it up. Besides that all veloxity adds is burned out barrels and stretched out cases. I go for the more accurate load at 100 and 600 and leave it no matter what th veloxity is. Usually the slower to medium veloxity do better for me. My load doe 6.5 creedmore 24 inch barrel 43g h4350 2.82 cole 140 grain lapua scenar. Best of luck with development. But remember guns aren't race cars faster isn't necessarily better.

Back
Top Bottom