• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6.5mm Loads

HaHa.
The 26 has GOT to be a burner.

And idk how the .284 isn't.

I'll find a load that works with this .260 and be satisfied.

My 6.5x284 groups started falling apart at 500 rounds. Your mileage may vary, of course, though that was with minutes between shots-- the barrel was never allowed to get hot. And my replacement Shilen stinks-- can't beat .75" at 100, regardless of powder/primer/neck tension/seating depth/etc. I'm already 200 rounds into it, and have no load with which I am happy.

My advice: Buy a Creedmoor and call it good. Or 6.5x47 or .260 Remington. You'll get a couple more hundred supersonic yards (maybe) out of the 6.5x284, but at great cost in recoil and barrel life. I paid $0.65 per shot in barrel replacement cost.

That .26 Nosler I'll bet won't even make 400 rounds without the barrel losing accuracy.

My 6.5x284 groups started falling apart at 500 rounds. Your mileage may vary, of course, though that was with minutes between shots-- the barrel was never allowed to get hot. And my replacement Shilen stinks-- can't beat .75" at 100, regardless of powder/primer/neck tension/seating depth/etc. I'm already 200 rounds into it, and have no load with which I am happy.

My advice: Buy a Creedmoor and call it good. Or 6.5x47 or .260 Remington. You'll get a couple more hundred supersonic yards (maybe) out of the 6.5x284, but at great cost in recoil and barrel life. I paid $0.65 per shot in barrel replacement cost.

That .26 Nosler I'll bet won't even make 400 rounds without the barrel losing accuracy.

I think I'll stick with my "Cold" .260.

I hope you get your loads worked out.

My Smith is working on .284 #2; this one for his brother/ Cerakote man.

They are having great luck with Hawk Hill Barrels.

If you want his contact, I'll send it to you.

42.6 of H4350 and a 142 SMK worked best in my .260

I only tested the 142 at 100 & 200 and couldn't get them to stay together. The 140 SMK looked good up close but wouldn't hold together at distance. Can u remember how much u were jumping the 142's or did u have them sitting nice and tight?

image.jpg image.jpg 1/3 cut torso plate @ 742yards. This is at my families farm in hartwell. I can stretch out to about 880 yards safely up there.

I think I'll stick with my "Cold" .260.

I hope you get your loads worked out.

My Smith is working on .284 #2; this one for his brother/ Cerakote man.

They are having great luck with Hawk Hill Barrels.

If you want his contact, I'll send it to you.[/QUOTE

.003 off the lands, no more than .005
Do you weigh your cases?

Back
Top Bottom