• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6.8 spc brass

6.8 in particular you'll need to post up what head stamp it is. there's quite a bit of variety in 6.8 brass and two different primer sizes. the price is different if you have all SSA brass vs. 60 rounds of a variety of headstamp brass.

I buy it every so often but I usually look for deals on brass. I am surprised at some of the prices I see online, not sure if folks actually pay that for the brass or it's just want they are posting it for sale. For example, 357 mag and 44 mag brass, you can usually buy from someone like Starline brand new for what folks are selling used brass.

from what I read online, it seems like the value of used brass has been slowly going down as more folks are shooting, and less are reloading? Not sure why but the big calibers (9mm, 45, 5.56) seem to be bottoming out. I'm seeing 5.56 brass @ $30/k, 9mm @ $20/k and 45 around $40/k, etc.

True...but these arent once fired. Reason why the clean them is to cover up their tracks of once fired or oxidized brass.

Definitely not once fired

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Most brass that you buy or trade-for is usually a mix of once-fired and multi-fired as it usually comes from "Range Pickups" that the seller either buys in bulk or actually picks up on the range floor. Also, regardless of whether it is once-twice-multi-fired, one must always carefully inspect all brass for damage (no matter the source). That said, I have had really good success with First Class Brass and Bullets. They use modern brass processing equipment that includes some automated steps that cull brass with imperfections that some would find acceptable. They also sell unprocessed brass ... but then, "dirty" doesn't mean it is once-fired.

Have I had to "cull" some of their brass? Yes, but usually far less than 1% (which is acceptable in that they provide extras with their order). Things that one must watch for include: Pistol Brass that appears to need trimming (likely caused by some yahoo pushing load data!), loose primer pockets, rim damage, and Glock Bulges. Rifle brass has similar "gotchas". Those who know what to look for have read their reloading manuals, those that don't are looking for trouble. One of the wild-cards is the reloader who pushes load data and leaves marginal brass on the range floor for some unsuspecting guy to re-use!

My 2-cents worth ... feel free to add to it, or detract from it ... I've been reloading for more than 40 years and found that there is always something new to learn!

Back
Top Bottom