• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6 armed customers unload on shoplifters, leave before cops show up.

Funny. Cops kill drivers all the time for "threatening" them with a motor vehicle.

Yes guarantee intentionally drive into a Policeman (like this story) your ass will be full of lead.

Commoners (citizens) now thats a whole other story “we dont know if they are in trouble yet”

Emotionally I get it. Legally, not sure what the position is.

If you shot someone running away from you in the street you may well be convicted, unless you can convince the jury they're still some sort of threat.

Not sure I want to be in a parking lot when a bunch of amateurs open up on a moving vehicle. Hit a bystander in that scenario and you're not going to walk free.

Pretty sure those guys knew it as well, as no one stuck around.

Emotionally I get it. Legally, not sure what the position is.

If you shot someone running away from you in the street you may well be convicted, unless you can convince the jury they're still some sort of threat.

Not sure I want to be in a parking lot when a bunch of amateurs open up on a moving vehicle. Hit a bystander in that scenario and you're not going to walk free.

Pretty sure those guys knew it as well, as no one stuck around.

Amateures? Cops are worse.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypd-9-shooting-bystander-victims-hit-by-police-gunfire

Last time they hit a dozen innocents. Just nyny does this several times every month, nationwide cops shoot innocents almost daily

Legally it seems like these guys were being reckless. But I wasn’t there, maybe they were in grave danger of serious bodily injury or death. Leaving looks real bad.

But, it raises an interesting question. By the letter of the law (or case law), is a citizen compelled to stay and speak with officers if the citizen has not committed a crime. Obviously it looks real bad, and won’t help their chances in court if it’s deemed a unjustified shoot.

Let’s assume they were 100% justified, they technically didn’t break a single law.,, can they be compelled to stay around waiting for sirens and chance missing their brunch appointment?

Legally it seems like these guys were being reckless. But I wasn’t there, maybe they were in grave danger of serious bodily injury or death. Leaving looks real bad.

But, it raises an interesting question. By the letter of the law (or case law), is a citizen compelled to stay and speak with officers if the citizen has not committed a crime. Obviously it looks real bad, and won’t help their chances in court if it’s deemed a unjustified shoot.

Let’s assume they were 100% justified, they technically didn’t break a single law.,, can they be compelled to stay around waiting for sirens and chance missing their brunch appointment?

A good guy with a gun at a shooting is in grave danger if cops arrive and he is still holding the gun OR just looks like the reported shootr.

Hell yes, leave as soon as the smoke clears because 'I feared for my life ' .

Back
Top Bottom