• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6 armed customers unload on shoplifters, leave before cops show up.

A good guy with a gun at a shooting is in grave danger if cops arrive and he is still holding the gun OR just looks like the reported shootr.

Hell yes, leave as soon as the smoke clears because 'I feared for my life ' .

I’ve never even considered that, but it is an interesting point. My action plan has always been to reholster, conceal, and wait with my hands clearly visible. I think this is generally the advice given in CCW classes, but I may be wrong.

I’ve never even considered that, but it is an interesting point. My action plan has always been to reholster, conceal, and wait with my hands clearly visible. I think this is generally the advice given in CCW classes, but I may be wrong.

Remember the Costco shooting in Las Vegas where 'a man with a gun' was reported? CCW holder had a holstered gun, two cops arrive, one said 'don't move', the other said 'get on the ground NOW '.

They shot him dead right there. He was not guilty of anything.

No ,I ain't waiting for the cops. I might go have coffee with my lawyer, though.

A perfect example of why you should load your carry mags with clean, fresh ammo while wearing latex gloves....They'll pull thumb prints from any brass left, and find the shooters...
dont forget to scoop up a bunch of mixed brass at the range to keep in a bag so you can scatter at the scene to make even more confusing

The time to shoot the shoplifters (at least the getaway car driver) is when they are appearing to run down a citizen who has cornered them and is trying to affect a citizens arrest.

Once they've gone past that good guy and are merely fleeing the scene of a crime (or two crimes) you can't shoot them in the back as a method of stopping them.

As for shooting out their tires without attempting to harm any of the people in the car, I'm not sure how that would play out legally if the cops and prosecutors wanted to make an issue of it.
that would probably be a law school hypothetical only. In real life I can't see any cops making an arrest for that, nor any DAs office attempting to prosecute it.

Back
Top Bottom