• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6 pigs in freshly planted fields (VIDEO)

Theblakester

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
0   0
Reaction score
So I had the brightness and contrast settings too dark, so when they chaos started I lost the black reticle in the dark grey landscape background and realized it as the group was running by with my crosshairs too low. The stalk/ set up on this group was perfect based on the wind direction, the layout of the field, the location of the hogs and the direction they were moving. I shot at the farthest one first hoping to get the group to run from the sound of the bullet smacking the pig and run towards me, which worked out nicely. Still shoulda dropped a couple more from this sounder. Oh well.

Thermal Hog Hunt 6 pigs down in Wallis, Tx 03-30-23

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We leave them there and the farmers come haul them off later. Sometimes we come back later, Bc they make coyotes bait. My freezer stays full, but there’s too many to to take all the meat and it would take too much time and slow us down. This is for eradication purposes to protect the crops. These farmers will turn and plant a 100 acre field and within 2 days hogs will uproot and destroy 75% of it. And the farmers will have to replant over and over again to get any decent harvest. Unfortunately we can’t donate the meat to shelter Bc of FDA or food health code laws. I have heard of a place near Dallas that people will drop off dead hogs to and it gets turned into dog food.

I appreciate it.

Yeah I found this forum on the Tapatalk app on my iPhone. It didn’t say anything about being a location specific forum. A lot of y’all are in Georgia right?

We leave them there and the farmers come haul them off later. Sometimes we come back later, Bc they make coyotes bait. My freezer stays full, but there’s too many to to take all the meat and it would take too much time and slow us down. This is for eradication purposes to protect the crops. These farmers will turn and plant a 100 acre field and within 2 days hogs will uproot and destroy 75% of it. And the farmers will have to replant over and over again to get any decent harvest. Unfortunately we can’t donate the meat to shelter Bc of FDA or food health code laws. I have heard of a place near Dallas that people will drop off dead hogs to and it gets turned into dog food.

Yea, hogs can be a real problem. Good when you can put the meat to good use

Back
Top Bottom