• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6 weeks notification

You may be able to speed it up by asking them to fax it to the Dealer, or via email. I asked and they did it for me.

That's a hell of an idea! It was snail mail filed, I think I'll call tomorrow and see if they can email or fax, maybe even email it to me.

It takes up to 6 weeks for the ATF to send you your physical stamp. If it's an Suppressor or SBR on a Form 4 or a paper filed SBR on a Form 1 you get a physical tax stamp. You cannot take possession of the NFA item until you have that physical stamp. It has been taking that long to ship stamps since around March to my knowledge. I still got mine back 3 weeks after approval in July.

So it’s literally a year from the time you buy a can before you can actually get it?
My first two took almost exactly a year to the day from filing paper on a trust. The last one took almost 8 months to the day via E-file.

A single day is too long if you ask me. I can't wait until these folks and systems are the types in charge of approving medical diagnostic tests and cancer treatments.

My first two took almost exactly a year to the day from filing paper on a trust. The last one took almost 8 months to the day via E-file.

A single day is too long if you ask me. I can't wait until these folks and systems are the types in charge of approving medical diagnostic tests and cancer treatments.

It's ridiculous...nothing should take that long in 2020...or wait...it's 2020...all bets are off! :)

Update, it was a day short of 7 weeks before I got to take the can home. The day before I got the call I sent an Email to the ATF asking for another copy. Rediculious.

Back
Top Bottom