• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

60 Guns stolen from Howards Pawn in Macon

Hard to do when they're locked up.
Agreed but Howard keeps SO many on hand he probably doesn't have that many safes. This was bound to happen (assuming it's the first time) given the location. Howards is surrounded by ghetto for miles in every direction. I know that a pawn shop needs to be located in a certain type of area given the nature of the bidness but this is way over the top. It's hard to move an existing bidness and probably harder to move the FFL. But I sure wish Howard would move closer to Houston Co.

I hate hearing this happened but not surprised at all. After Centerville Pawn & Gun was hit by a vehicle ramming the front door a few weeks ago I said to myself that it couldn't happen at Howard's since the have concrete barriers if front of their doors. I guess one shouldn't underestimate the determination of thieving scumbags.
Unfortunately it's tough to know your weak spot until it's already been exploited. You just never know with a criminal. What gets me about this type of crime is the planning and work that went into it AND the fact that it could have went towards an honest job or venture.
About 10 years ago some young crash dummies went through the roof of the Sports Center here in Perry and got damn near every gun they had. But since they put their "Lick" on Facebook within a few hours the thugs and the guns were quickly rounded up.

Agreed but Howard keeps SO many on hand he probably doesn't have that many safes. This was bound to happen (assuming it's the first time) given the location. Howards is surrounded by ghetto for miles in every direction. I know that a pawn shop needs to be located in a certain type of area given the nature of the bidness but this is way over the top. It's hard to move an existing bidness and probably harder to move the FFL. But I sure wish Howard would move closer to Houston Co.
Dog might not have been inside the store since it was a holiday weekend. Dunno. They've had smash n' grabs (the grab pary didn't pan out due to the watch dog) before the concrete barricades were placed. He's in a good location, about to open an indoor range and gun shop on the North side of Macongo.

Dog might not have been inside the store since it was a holiday weekend. Dunno. They've had smash n' grabs (the grab pary didn't pan out due to the watch dog) before the concrete barricades were placed. He's in a good location, about to open an indoor range and gun shop on the North side of Macongo.
I remember when it was JD's Pawn and the surrounding neighborhood wasn't good then. That was 89/90 maybe. But it's positioned kinda where Bloomfield ends and Unionville begins.
If he moves it all to extreme north Bibb that would be a good move as far as I can see. Wish he would go south to Hartley Bridge/Sardis Church or Byron but that's just ME wanting it my way I guess.

Back
Top Bottom