• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

66 C10

Coty.collins

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
10   0
Reaction score
I bought this truck when I was 19, (25 now), and have been working on it just this past year, I was active duty away from home 4 years, with my grandfather. It's one of those projects. Anyway, does anybody have or know some one with a decent 67-72 rolling 4×4 chassis I really want to put a lift on it and have leaf springs, etc. that the older models did not have but will bolt up with my body. And any other parts and advice laying around. 1966 step side swb.
FB_IMG_1488014048576.jpg

This is just like the first truck that I bought with my own money :)

It had a 6 cylinder 3 speed in it when I got it from a guy up in Canton.

I dropped in a 327 with a powerglide and had some good times in that old Chevy :0)

I had a buddy that found an 80s model 4x4 blazer and just made brakets to do a body swap. That way he could always just put it back on the original frame. Wasn't teribbly hard. Took him about 80 hrs of on and off work and the only extra cost was a cheap nylon lift kit(suggest you get 2) and maybe $100 worth of angle and channel iron.

abfd503c90946051f4ea2026ceda91a4.jpg

Saw this one a couple weeks ago
Guy said it was on a totally stock 84 frame and running gear
And was his daily driver

He didn't build it so he didn't know about the body mounts but they looked pretty stock to me
Although I'm sure some of the mounts on the 84 frame have to be modified to fit the 66 body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom