• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

67 Ranchero Build

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
116   0
Reaction score
Been at it for a few weeks now so I thought Id get a thread going. Goal is to have it road legal by the end of March. I think Im on schedule to make that. Picked up a 5.0 from Smiley Smiley that Im currently going through. Thanks again to @Kyzrsoze for hooking me up with a fantastic floor pan man. Heres a few pics of his work...
IMG_0009 (640x480).jpg
IMG_0010 (640x480).jpg
IMG_0011 (640x480).jpg
IMG_0012 (640x480).jpg
IMG_0013 (640x480).jpg
IMG_0014 (640x480).jpg

Man, we had a 65, bought in 72. Swapped out the 2.4 that was locked up for the 2.8 6.

Nice little farm truck for light duty, used it like some folks use a Kawasaki Mule now adays.....

I’m about to swap out some parts on my 65 Belvedere. Now is the time of year to get at it before it gets to 100 degrees.

Putting in a new tubular front end, disc brakes and efi system for better streetability. One thing leads to another.

Finished the front suspension today except for sway bar bushings. All new upper/lower control arms, spring perches/insulators, shocks, and I snipped an inch off the coil springs. Repacked and hung both rotors. Rear shoes and hardware kit. And flushed brake system to prep for Dot 5. Installed a new power cylinder and control valve for the steering. Have to dial in the adjustment still but hard part is over. I have no idea what mileage is on the C4 pictured. I havent done anything more than put it in forward and reverse so fingers crossed it will last me until I get my other C4 donor built. Went ahead and threw input and tailshaft seals in it. Planning on cc'ing the head next to the transmission tomorrow to verify chamber volume. If theyre 58cc's then I'll probably run them. If theyre 60-61 then I'll mill them down to 56.

IMG_0091.JPG
IMG_0093.JPG
IMG_0094.JPG
IMG_0096.JPG
IMG_0099.JPG

Looking good. I need to get off my butt and work on my 66 Mustang. I have considered selling it. I have lost interest in it.
I lost interest in this one when it came to doing the pans. That and I had a lot of other projects going on. Getting the pans done was a big deal for me. Im not set up for fab work so it would have taken me forever to do it and it would have looked AWFUL lol.

Main/Rod bearings were at the high end so I installed new standards. Cc'd a head chamber and came up with 59cc. Might be milling that down a little... That was all for today. Got off to a late start.

Back
Top Bottom