• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

67 years on a road crew in that weather?

Have you ever driven on Louisiana roads, they suck so bad, I wore out a set of shocks just driving to Texas and back. He must have clocked in went to the bar got drunk and clocked out 8 hours later. No way anybody has worked on Louisiana roads in years
If it was i-10, no argument there.

The federal government punished Louisiana with Road building money or rather lack thereof for keeping their drinking age low for so long.
Truth. At the time, this formerly 18 year old was not mad about it.

"He could have retired at full pay 37 years ago, but he wouldn't even knock off early on his last day on the job."

35 years ago he would have been 48 years old. I think I would have taken the retirement option and started another career like fishing, sunbathing, girl watching or nose picking. Be interesting to know what his wages were at 48 and when he retired at 85.

Still, he was happy doing what he wanted, and that's great.

Have you ever driven on Louisiana roads, they suck so bad, I wore out a set of shocks just driving to Texas and back. He must have clocked in went to the bar got drunk and clocked out 8 hours later. No way anybody has worked on Louisiana roads in years
I came here to say exactly this. I've driven all over the east coast and out to Texas. Hands down Louisiana has the worst roads!

Dad and step mom took my little brother and I to Baton Rouge when we were kids for my grand parents 50th anniversary. All I really remember about it was multiple times my dad hanging out the window yelling "learn to drive you cajun bastards!!"

Back
Top Bottom