• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

'69 Colt Python Value

BigBen66

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
50   0
Reaction score
Are there any Colt guys that can give me a rough estimated value on this '69 Colt Python? Looks to be in pretty good shape. It was recently left to me. Just trying to get an idea of what I got.

Attachments

• Colt Python 2.jpg
    Colt Python 2.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Colt Python 1.jpg
    Colt Python 1.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 71
tough say without seeing it in person. From the marks I see on it, grip condition, being a four inch… 6 inch bring a little more. Do you have the original box? Original insert? Original colt sleeve? Has it been fired other than a the factory? Does the serial number on the box match the number on the gun? Are the grips the correct period grips? Go on line to “python serial numbers” and you can find the approximate build date. You can find the serial number under the ejector rod.
My humble opinion this would be a “shooter grade” gun meaning not much collectors value due to the condition.
My humble opinion….. $1500 to $2000 retail.
Hope this helps. Feel free to pm me if I can help.

Bibs

Again…..
This is only my opinion….I have been collecting and horse trading these pythons for a very long time, however I do not consider myself an expert. Blued $3, 000 four inch guns need to be in 99% condition or better. literally perfect. They must have the original correct box, original or period correct gen II grips, box sleeve, original foam insert and unfired other than factory testing (3 shots)
I have several 4 inch pythons in near perfect condition.
I’m not trying to piss anyone off or offend them, This is just what I see and feel is in line. I hope someone gives him $4,000 or better because that would mean I could sell min for the same or more.
I recommend taking it to several reputable gun shops and have it appraised. Below are three perfect 4 inch. Compare the photos…… Someone please offer me $3,500 for one of them.

Please, please,….this is only my opinion based on two photos Provided.

Attachments

• 5B6994A4-5C31-4399-A5A4-736190284128.jpeg
    5B6994A4-5C31-4399-A5A4-736190284128.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 54
  • E4CAD0B9-B049-4EF6-8F84-08C8E0D92E9B.jpeg
    E4CAD0B9-B049-4EF6-8F84-08C8E0D92E9B.jpeg
    332.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 5FD3CC49-C3C3-42F7-B720-3F02AB163DD8.jpeg
    5FD3CC49-C3C3-42F7-B720-3F02AB163DD8.jpeg
    242.8 KB · Views: 50
Again…..
This is only my opinion….I have been collecting and horse trading these pythons for a very long time, however I do not consider myself an expert. Blued $3, 000 four inch guns need to be in 99% condition or better. literally perfect. They must have the original correct box, original or period correct gen II grips, box sleeve, original foam insert and unfired other than factory testing (3 shots)
I have several 4 inch pythons in near perfect condition.
I’m not trying to piss anyone off or offend them, This is just what I see and feel is in line. I hope someone gives him $4,000 or better because that would mean I could sell min for the same or more.
I recommend taking it to several reputable gun shops and have it appraised. Below are three perfect 4 inch. Compare the photos…… Someone please offer me $3,500 for one of them.

Please, please,….this is only my opinion based on two photos Provided.
I am sure you are correct. I am not as versed in the Python market. My info is obviously incorrect. I would rather be corrected than to continue along with false data. :)

I really hope you decide to keep and cherish this gun BigBen66 BigBen66 - if it was left to you, it must have some value to you other than monetary. :)

Nice Pythons B BIBS thanks for the info.

If the gun has sentimental value….. ya can’t put a value on that. If that’s the case, shoot and enjoy the gun for the quality that the older pythons are known for, and remember the person who passed it on to you every time you fire It. Another alternative is to send it to colt and have them re-blue the metal and refurbish the grips. Please note that refurbishing the gun will not make it a $3,000 plus gun. It actually devalues the collectibility of the gun. A knowledgeable colt guy will see the small signs of a refurbished firearm most of the time.
Anyhow, if ya keep, have fun with it.

Looks like a good condition "shooter" not a high end collectable...but its a Python! Grips look period correct but one has crack. Finish is good enough and certainly does not need refinishing. $1500 - $2000 would be my guess. If its got "family connections" keep it and enjoy it.

I’ve been around Colts all my life and Pythons are very desirable, 2 1/2 being the most then the 4”. With correct to gun box and the condition of pictures only, I would put it in the 1500-2000 range like hdsailorman advises, but left to you by a family member is priceless. Hope this helps, I’ve got one myself and can’t seem to part with it.

Back
Top Bottom