• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6mm Creedmore / not 6.5

D_Max

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
145   0
Reaction score
I have a friend build one who don't reload ,so today i worked up some loads for him , this rifle shot amazing well with the first test load i made, it is a nice pleasant round to shoot, but in all honesty i dont know that it is much better or different than a 243 win , i loaded Berger Hybrid 105 gr bullets with H4350 powder , He has a small fortune in this rifle it should shoot as good as it did for what he has in it, But it was fun loading something different

Im on my 4 th 6 cm barrel and im not entirely sold on the barrel life deal. Its still 42.8 grains of powder going through a .237 bore, a slight shoulder angle difference and neck length i just havent seen change the game as far as barrel life. I DO see that it has better load density for the powder/bullet/speed combo for the niche [PRS & GAP 10 rifles] it was created to feed. And prob holds a little better sds due to those attributes but i cant really prove that either. 243 match was my round before that.

6xc has better brass at the sacrifice of single source supply.

Any three is capable of taking you where you need to go

why would your friend, who doesnt reload, buy a wildcat?
cause he is OCD / ADD the guy who builds his gun told him this was the latest and greatest , im about to teach him how to reload, yea i had some good laughs at his expense for buying this rifle, at least you can buy brass for it, he has a set of whiddon dies and every thing needed , i have to admit that rifle shot extremely well, i shot 2-3 shot groups that could be cover with a dime at 100 yards and the rifle is not really broken in yet, not bad for my old eyes,

D_MAX, chasing loads are one great form of great adventure to making a good rifle turn into a great shooting tool, congrats on your adventure, without the expense...Keep up your never ending loading passion that's why reloaders do it... RIGHT???

(That's why we do it, besides we always get a bang out of the results...)

Im on my 4 th 6 cm barrel and im not entirely sold on the barrel life deal. Its still 42.8 grains of powder going through a .237 bore, a slight shoulder angle difference and neck length i just havent seen change the game as far as barrel life. I DO see that it has better load density for the powder/bullet/speed combo for the niche [PRS & GAP 10 rifles] it was created to feed. And prob holds a little better sds due to those attributes but i cant really prove that either. 243 match was my round before that.

6xc has better brass at the sacrifice of single source supply.

Any three is capable of taking you where you need to go

that's why you're on your 4th barrel. What speeds are you getting?

Ive had a couple of 28" 243match barrels fall in there at one point or another in their life. Ive had a couple 24" 6 cm barrels tune in there also . 42.8 has been the load for several of my buddies guns as well. Thats not a hot load in many folks books

As far as speeds go ,i like to stay around 3080, but i let the chrono tell me whats the best charge/lowest es. my requirements are anything over 3020 and under 3130 i dont like to push em too hard. I have run up into the mid 43's during inital testing and there is usually a node around 43.2 but its too hot too be stable for 500 rds or so.

Each of those barrels have 2200 rds plus on them. All but one or two i would still shoot a 1 day regional match but def would not trust them for a 2 day major PRS

Back
Top Bottom