• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6mm Creedmore / not 6.5

Right now Im using a Remington action and Bergara barrel. I am using the new 6mm reamer that is set up for 2.75 COAL which is supposed to prolong barrel life. my Last barrel I was using 42.2 and was getting 3120 fps but I was loading out to the original 2.82 OAL

Ive had a couple of 28" 243match barrels fall in there at one point or another in their life. Ive had a couple 24" 6 cm barrels tune in there also . 42.8 has been the load for several of my buddies guns as well. Thats not a hot load in many folks books

As far as speeds go ,i like to stay around 3080, but i let the chrono tell me whats the best charge/lowest es. my requirements are anything over 3020 and under 3130 i dont like to push em too hard. I have run up into the mid 43's during inital testing and there is usually a node around 43.2 but its too hot too be stable for 500 rds or so.

Each of those barrels have 2200 rds plus on them. All but one or two i would still shoot a 1 day regional match but def would not trust them for a 2 day major PRS

I know how you feel about worrying about a 2 day match. My last 6.5 died right on the 5th stage of the MPA match a couple months ago.

If I had to do it over I would have probably went 6.5cm, 6mm is a laser out to 7-800 but beyond that I'd want the weight to help with wind.... One bad wind call with a 6mm 800 or further and miss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom