• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

7.5" suppressed?

I run a 10.5" 5.56 w/ DA Sandman S and muzzle brake mount. I also run it on a 16". The longer barrel sounds quieter but is really front heavy. The 10.5" suppressed sounds pretty good to me but if I shoot it with just the brake everyone else steps back from the shooting line.

I’m posting the pic just to prove I have the exact setup that you asked about. I have only ran 30 rounds of .223 through it. It is louder than a 16” for sure but still way quieter than no can on 7.5”. You can shoot without ears, I have not shot anymore through it because I got nervous about damaging the can.

Attachments

• 853654FF-C616-41CD-B742-AFC7E43A5275.jpeg
    853654FF-C616-41CD-B742-AFC7E43A5275.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 22
I’m posting the pic just to prove I have the exact setup that you asked about. I have only ran 30 rounds of .223 through it. It is louder than a 16” for sure but still way quieter than no can on 7.5”. You can shoot without ears, I have not shot anymore through it because I got nervous about damaging the can.
To quote Chris Rock, "You can drive your car with your feet. Doesn't make it a good blanking idea."

No matter the can, a 7.5" AR, even with a can, is over 140db and is not hearing safe and will damage your hearing.

To quote Chris Rock, "You can drive your car with your feet. Doesn't make it a good blanking idea."

No matter the can, a 7.5" AR, even with a can, is over 140db and is not hearing safe and will damage your hearing.

I drive my Jeep with my heavy right foot all the time! Lol

Your statement about AR’s and DB readings at the shooters ear is 100% correct. And the same is true for 16” AR’s. Clever marketing by suppressor manufacturers/sellers is most likely the reason this is not more well known by potential purchasers.

Suppressed lever guns FTW...

Not sure which is more unnerving at the range, someone that doesn’t know what they’re doing in the stall next to you, or someone mag dumping an SBR next to you. Damn that’s annoying.
That's one of the best reasons to own a m92 pap ak. It makes people leave!

I drive my Jeep with my heavy right foot all the time! Lol
Fair enough!

Your statement about AR’s and DB readings at the shooters ear is 100% correct. And the same is true for 16” AR’s. Clever marketing by suppressor manufacturers/sellers is most likely the reason this is not more well known by potential purchasers.
Agreed. A lot of people get into the NFA game with a 5.56 can and are immediately disappointed when it isn't Hollywood quiet. I was actually at a range one time and a guy showed up with his brand new can, screwed it on the muzzle and proceeded to fire "a" round, after which he flinched like crazy and starting swearing about how the bleeper blanking thing must be defective because it's "not even making it quiet at all." After he calmed down, I went over and explained what was going on to him. He was very dissapointed.

Suppressed lever guns FTW...
Uh huh. 450 gr pill traveling at 950fps makes for some fun plinking. :nod:

Back
Top Bottom