• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

7.62 x 39 AR Reliability question

This is the most important mod... it keeps the tip of the round from diving into the rim of the mag... for me it is also important to mod the feed ramps to accommodate the projectile diameter

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 50
I am hoping that CMMG or someone similar will release a BCG based off the 308 that has been modified. But, the question is: will that work in a 556 upper? I don't know what the do to make the 308 bolt work for 7,62 x 39?? One of you much wiser more experienced gun people's let me know what you know.

This is why CMMG made the Mutant . The .308 sized bolt face solves the breakage and using AK mags solves the magazine problems . The downside is it is a .308 sized upper

I don't think I'll ever shoot 3K rounds out of one to break the bolt. I've been wanting to build a pistol, and also have something to hunt with. So for me, it's either 7.62x39 or 300 blackout in a 9 or 10 inch barrel. Do any of you with AR47 pistols have any issues with the pistol gas system? I know 300 BO does good with the pistol gas system, just haven't heard much discussion of gas systems on the AR47.

It seems you can smooth the hump out of the feed ramps to solve the ftf, and notch the mags to assist in that. Only problem I see after that would be the bolt, but as stated above, I'll probly never shoot 3K rounds to break one.

I have an old one (Clinton era DPMS A2 rifle) that has a lot of rounds down range. 500/$40 battle packs were the cause of this years ago. I think I have shot 1 box of S. African brass FMJ's out of it. Rest of its diet has been mainly steel cased (mainly Wolf) 123gr HP. I need to get the mods done to mine as I have had a few FTF over the years. I used mine for hunting probable close to 20 years and killed a lot of deer with it.

That's what I think I need. I also have some factory 5rd Colt mags for my gun. If anyone ever sees mags in a pawn shop with a white dot on the follower, grab them as these are 7.62x39 and not 223 mags.

Back
Top Bottom