• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

7.62x54R Ammo Factory Rankings

Hayata

Wolf Icon
Knock it off with them negative waves Moriarity!
177   0
Reaction score
As with any ammo you are looking for consistency. And maybe with communist ammo that in itself is an oxymoron.

But I have shot soviet match ammo out to 600 yards with pretty good results out of a 23" VEPR at CMP. So you have your Factory 188 and your Circle 10 and others. And then there's the rare "sniper" surplus ammo.

But then there is com-bloc brass ammo to also factor in...so?

Rank this cartridge by factory and please feel free to interject modern producers as well!

And if you have a link to a test where someone else has already done this please post it!

Surplus:
Best all-around......Czech blue box
Cleanest, consistant......Factory 10 Bulgarian
Most accurate beyond 200 yds......Factory 188, 7N1 Russian
Worst I've had................Albanian
Won't shoot in my babies.....any laquer-coated

Just my opinion of course, using my weapons

image.jpeg

What about this stuff?

www.libertytreecollectors.com_productcart_pc_catalog_762x54Rmatch.jpg

large_A76254Match3.jpg

I do like it, but not as much as 7N1, really didn't see a noticeable difference unless i was shooting 200 yds or beyond. Something really cool about breaking the ribbon seal and loading up a few rounds. Brass was more oxidized than the others.....maybe those boxes weren't intended to be stored for decades? Lol

I may still have a couple cans if you'd like to give it a try.

Once again, just my opinions from using it in my weapons

Thanks - that ribbon style is the match ammo I was shooting at 600yds with the VEPR. I'll have to try the 7n1 for a comparison.

I was looking for some quality surplus a few weeks ago and not finding any. I really want some match grade, or comparable. Very limited options.
Ordered some SB red box to try. Anything else suggested?

I was looking for some quality surplus a few weeks ago and not finding any. I really want some match grade, or comparable. Very limited options.
Ordered some SB red box to try. Anything else suggested?

PPU surplus in the white label box is very clean and consistent and cycles well in my bolt actions, lever-action,and semi auto's

717646D5-6212-4DFE-8B3B-16BE1E4B53B7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom