• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

7.62x54r ammo?

When the USA was importing 1970s communist AK-47 food, corrosive, by the boatload, I bought a case for 5 cents a round.

When the Turks sold off their 1930s Turkish Mausers and their 8mm ammo to American arms jobbers and wholesalers, my friends and I all bought the rifles for $50-$70 each and ammo for 5 cents a shot.

But when supply is low, and the warehouses in those Iron Curtain countries or third-world nations are all empty, and there are no more military arsenals to raid or convince government officials to empty out, yeah, we can expect more "normal" prices for milsurps and their fodder. Fitty cents a shot isn't unreasonable for big-bore rifle ammo.

Totally understand. Heck by the 24th I may have another gun or two that I don't even own yet. LOL

I hear that.
It's funny......i had a bunch of loose packs of Czech mosin ammo for cheap at the swap meet yesterday and no one wanted it. Kind of surprised me a little

I hear that.
It's funny......i had a bunch of loose packs of Czech mosin ammo for cheap at the swap meet yesterday and no one wanted it. Kind of surprised me a little

Ha...I got the Mosin from my brother yesterday evening, so I wasn't on the market. LOL..Its a basic 91/30 but in really excellent shape. Super clean and a very decent bore.
I could not stop looking at that Mosin carbine you had...Very nice. The Uzi was cool, but I really liked the Mosin!

Ha...I got the Mosin from my brother yesterday evening, so I wasn't on the market. LOL..Its a basic 91/30 but in really excellent shape. Super clean and a very decent bore.
I could not stop looking at that Mosin carbine you had...Very nice. The Uzi was cool, but I really liked the Mosin!

Thanks. They both found new homes yesterday.....

Reactions: MRH
I feel you. I have only 10 cans left. When those are gone I dont think I will be able to shoot my PSL or mosins anymore. Check here or even armslist. Seen them as low as $110 to $150 this year.

Hoping the wars in the Middle east end. Maybe then we will get new shipments of surplus.

Reactions: MRH
When the USA was importing 1970s communist AK-47 food, corrosive, by the boatload, I bought a case for 5 cents a round.

When the Turks sold off their 1930s Turkish Mausers and their 8mm ammo to American arms jobbers and wholesalers, my friends and I all bought the rifles for $50-$70 each and ammo for 5 cents a shot.

But when supply is low, and the warehouses in those Iron Curtain countries or third-world nations are all empty, and there are no more military arsenals to raid or convince government officials to empty out, yeah, we can expect more "normal" prices for milsurps and their fodder. Fitty cents a shot isn't unreasonable for big-bore rifle ammo.

Very correct. The 440 round cans for $99 were appealing for a big bore, but at .50 cents per round they are still appealing, IMO. And the new ammo is non corrosive, almost exclusively.

Back
Top Bottom