• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

7 year old and 20 year old shot, "mistaken for game".

My 'favorite' and this would have been many many years ago was... a deer hunter IN A TREE STAND.... takes out some bug spray to spray on himself. This was pre thermacell. As soon as he starts spraying, a deer hunter on the ground walking nearby hears the noise and shoots in the tree at the sound, hitting the guy (luckily not fatal). So a DEER HUNTER, shot at a 'sound up a tree'. :confused:

A few years ago I was standing on top of a ridge taking a break. I had never used my Primos squirrel call so I pulled it out. Instructions said something like, "Be careful, it's so realistic they'll think you're a squirrel!" I shook it and BAM! Several shots. Bunch of kids chased me almost to my car -- I heard them but never saw them. I know they never saw me. I knew I was never in danger, there was enough distance, etc., but it was an interesting day in the woods. Dumb kids.

A few years ago I was standing on top of a ridge taking a break. I had never used my Primos squirrel call so I pulled it out. Instructions said something like, "Be careful, it's so realistic they'll think you're a squirrel!" I shook it and BAM! Several shots. Bunch of kids chased me almost to my car -- I heard them but never saw them. I know they never saw me. I knew I was never in danger, there was enough distance, etc., but it was an interesting day in the woods. Dumb kids.

Lived in deep south Georgia for a while. I was shocked that it was SOP to shoot "when I saw the bushes shake", took out a couple of hunters every year. Excuse was that the swamp was so thick you'd never get a clear shot at a deer.

People would shoot at, around, other people, no remorse at all for the consequences except maybe when they actually killed someone.

Back
Top Bottom