• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$75,000 for a decently apportioned pickup?

Generally speaking, I don't care how other people spend their money, but it's all relative. The money smart rule is not to let your car payment get over 10% of your monthly net (take-home) pay. Net pay should also factor in retirement, college savings, etc. The further you are from the 10%, the closer you are to "damn, I really can't afford this".
I haven't had a car payment in ** years. Keeps me from buying something I don't need.

All in low income housing areas. I live in Macon, and I can tell you I would not live on Napier or Anderson st at all. So yes, you can get a house for under 75k if you want to live in the hood. I'm not as familiar with the other cities listings but I did a quick search of the area and they appear to be the same type of area.

A house in a decent part of Macon will be double that, and a decent part of Macon isn't saying much. Go to North Macon and houses are at least 3-4x that.

If you're telling me you SELL that stuff, there ain't no tellin' what you convince those fools to buy....people been pulling campers, farm equipment, etc. for half a century and it didn't cost as much as some houses....
It's funny that you think he has to convince anyone to buy that much truck. Believe it or not, nowadays folks just walk in knowing what they want and buy it. You think they walked in looking for a used beater and he somehow used his sales voodoo and put them in a $70k truck? :lol:

I'll be in the market in the next year or so. I've looked at the used (around 2 yo) trucks and they are within a couple grand of a new one. Screw that, I'll just buy the new one. Not happy about the money but if the 2009 Sierra I have starts breaking down and needing monthly repairs, I'm getting a new one.

If you have a small business, and you should , then the cost of the pickups is tax deductible.
A buddy of mine buys a new fancy pickup every few years whenever his accountant tells him he’s either got to buy a pickup or pay the IRS a ton of money. his latest pickup he got last years was $66k
Said it hurt, that is cost more than a corvette, which he much would have preferred but a corvette isn’t tax deductible

Good point. I think there are two driving forces of the trend toward nosebleed prices at the high end of the market:

1) The small business buyer is leasing based on a payment which is 100% deductible as a business expense. I know quite a few small business owners who drive around in late model F150s, and they seem to change out every few years.

2) The average car-buying consumer who takes out a loan on a car is now comfortable with five, six, seven, even eight years of financing. In fairness, cars are lasting longer, and interest rates (especially 0% incentives) are attractive.

I might get onboard for #1, since I am a small business owner and will eventually replace one of our aging vehicles in a tax-advantaged way. The average age of vehicle in our driveway is 20 years. And we're perfectly happy with them. The maintenance costs are modest (do as much of it myself as time and tools allow). They are reliable when maintained. Yes, we're missing all the new fangled widgets, but honestly don't care about that very much.

All in low income housing areas. I live in Macon, and I can tell you I would not live on Napier or Anderson st at all. So yes, you can get a house for under 75k if you want to live in the hood. I'm not as familiar with the other cities listings but I did a quick search of the area and they appear to be the same type of area.

A house in a decent part of Macon will be double that, and a decent part of Macon isn't saying much. Go to North Macon and houses are at least 3-4x that.

You're right, not the best neighborhoods to live in, but not everyone can afford a $300k + house these days. Personally, I'm waiting for another market crash that will affect housing as well, I've been wanting to purchase a nicer place & rent the one I'm currently living in. It's happened twice in the last 20 years & it'll happen again. So if a person is patient, they can wait it out and find something priced right.

Of course I won't be buying any new vehicles with that plan in mind, but if I were I wouldn't be looking at any Rubicon, Platinum, or any other high end version of a vehicle. It's the bell's and whistles for the most part that is driving prices to this insane level we're seeing now. I'd be happy with a base model truck with standard wheels & tires, no super sized infotainment screen, or some upgraded parts to traverse the Rubicon when all I'll most likely do is take an easy backwoods trail to a camping/hunting spot or fishing hole. I can always have a locker & better tires installed if I want better traction down the road.

It always brings wonder to me how upset some people get about how other people spend their money. A vehicle is an object for some or a lifestyle for others. We dont all do the same thing or enjoy the same thing.
Anyways I sold my anger inducing truck back to the dealer for more than I paid after driving it for almost a year.
22969CBA-87F4-4E26-BA1F-B034801F94A3.jpeg

Ill buy another one next year for much cheaper if the chip shortage ends.
85affbeb-bc00-4d27-9530-a943054d7b11_1140x641.jpg

2018 Tundra DC limited 38k in 2018, the same truck in the 2021 model year is 49k.

That is almost a 30% increase in 3 years.

Carmax is buying trucks for almost what people paid for them 3 years ago, great time to sell.
Carvana just offered me what I paid for my new 2018 F150 2.5 years ago. Only I can't buy a used, equivalent truck for that amount.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom