• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$75,000 for a decently apportioned pickup?

Same here. I've been adamantly opposed to electric vehicles, but the F-150 Lightning is shifting my view. It looks like a dang truck. My son-in-law has been researching. He says the 350 mile range includes cold weather and towing. He's seen where it may go as far as 450 miles. That could be a game changer. Would get us to and from my grandson.
One article said the model with extended battery was rated by Ford at 300 miles carrying a 1000# payload. When he tested it empty, the engine computer said 460 miles left to go at 80% charge (or thereabouts).

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

I'm 37. I'm a professional in the IT field. I make good money, and can afford to buy things I enjoy. That said, I recently bought a F-250 w/ the 7.3L gasser for $55k before trade in. Threw another 4k into it for tires, suspension work, and some other addons. I don't tow anything, I drive trails, and I like big trucks.

I don't have to justify $%^# to anyone.

but you just did lol

Carvana just offered me what I paid for my new 2018 F150 2.5 years ago. Only I can't buy a used, equivalent truck for that amount.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
The dealer I bought my '17 F150 from keeps calling me offering more than I paid for it as well. The last offer was $6k over what I paid. It's tempting. But then I'd have to find something and the pickings are slim even if I go older and more miles.

I'm 37. I'm a professional in the IT field. I make good money, and can afford to buy things I enjoy. That said, I recently bought a F-250 w/ the 7.3L gasser for $55k before trade in. Threw another 4k into it for tires, suspension work, and some other addons. I don't tow anything, I drive trails, and I like big trucks.

I don't have to justify $%^# to anyone.
Folks just get that way when they can't afford it themselves, instead of admitting they just can't buy one, they trash everyone who does. Some kind of coping mechanism. It wouldn't matter if it was a big truck, a jeep, or a muscle car. Haters gonna hate.

I hear "hater's gonna hate"

But every time I see some big donk looking truck ride around I only think "fools and their money always part over the stupidest of things".

But it's helping the economy, so do it to it!

I got a steal , 4WD , diesel in line 6 , loaded with leather , remote start , LED’s, keyless entry, tailgate assist, etc gmc 1500 for 46k out the door brand new
F5FE36E5-8582-43BE-B56F-386D6C70CAAE.jpeg

Guilty. But I bought a used 2018 Ford F-150 Limited last year that had an original MSRP of $76,000. After trade it was $40,000. Delta Community Credit Union gave me a 1.9% interest rate and a 6-year/100k mile extended warranty. Wife and I always buy two year old models, keep three or four years and trade before the extended warranty expires. Been working okay for us a long time.
So you always have a payment??

Back
Top Bottom